Multi-cook

So um . I am confused. Your day to cook is today? Then someone else takes over?
Or are you cooking for a whole week? Then you start over again.

Haha. No I understand. The part I do not get is how does one not eat it all in the first few days....

Well, let's see . . .

Maybe two thighs a day, that's 3 nights.

I usually cut the tenderloin into three pieces, so that's another 3 nights.

Brats bet cut up and mixed in with my hash browns for breakfast.

And that doesn't even address the 5 Italian sausages . . .

BD

I just packed away 4 nice short ribs of beef (all smoked, vacuum sealed and frozen), and I think something like 12-15 pkgs again smoked, vacuum sealed and frozen) of pulled pork. I drop them in a pot of simmering water and allow to fully heat through. I also still have a lot of brisket sliced and laid away in same manner. I have discovered (thanks to whoever tipped me to this), that they don't taste like "leftovers" they taste as good as the day they were cooked. On the plate you would never know I didn't just pull them out of the rest box from the smoker.

I cook like this on Sunday's often....usually not as many different proteins but normally 1 or 2 does the job.
It's not enough for the week but it is enough for work lunches.......for both me and the MRS.
We end up cooking for dinners daily.....usually more simple meals.

Tonight I'm cooking for the week. Chicken thighs, Pork Tenderloin, and some Italian Sausage and Brats after they come off.

View attachment 83066

View attachment 83067

BD
My extra kettle brought into action when need-be like a Cajun Bandit Rotisserie “pollo” Spin on the Weber Master Touch and grilling some beef and Veggies on the WPD.

Attachments

• 4EA3CAD9-2567-4130-B30E-674A693F4390.jpeg
    4EA3CAD9-2567-4130-B30E-674A693F4390.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I really SHOULD get back in the habit of planning the weeks dinners better. I’ve gotten lackadaisical and cook less intelligently than I should. I’m less driven since I’ve been on Trulicity, I can plan a big feast for a long time but, what we will have for dinner?

We like to pre-plan meals too.
Our main go to is a bunch of quality burritos or a dozen or so of smash burgers.
Smash burgers are excellent to reheat and make a burger out of or even put into a salad and burritos are perfect for a quick micro wave meal.

With other meals the wife and I are just fine having a couple really nice meals and then having a few nights of leftovers .
I figure that with just the two of us having a day of left overs is like cooking for four people and cost efficient as well.

Barb and I do a weekly menu usually about three or four days ahead of time. That's so we can make up a grocery list and get anything we may need. We also buy 90% of our proteins on sale and store them in our two garage freezers plus we have a large pantry in the garage which we use for storing can goods.
We also make casseroles and soups and other meals that can be frozen for future meals also.
We get most of our ideas from my pandemic collection of recipes I got off the net to keep busy when I was staying home during the pandemic. That collection is around 2600 recipes in binders, so we won't run out of ideas for dinners and such.
Been doing a weekly menu now for about 20 years and it works great for us and cuts down on costs quite a bit.

Last edited:
Barb and I do a weekly menu usually about three or four days ahead of time. That's so we can make up a grocery list and get anything we may need. We also buy 90% of our proteins on sale and store them in our two garage freezers plus we have a large pantry in the garage which we use for storing can goods.
We also make casseroles and soups and other meals that can be frozen for future meals also.
We get most of our ideas from my pandemic collection of recipes I got off the net to keep busy when I was staying home during the pandemic. That collection is around 2600 recipes in binders, so we won't run out of ideas for dinners and such.
Been doing a weekly menu now for about 20 years and it works great for us and cuts down on costs quite a bit.
I cannot wrap my head around that kind of organization. My mind is more like "orderly chaos" :D

I too wish I could get it together. But I do agree with buying proteins on sale. Drat, everything has to be on discount. Price are out of control.

Back