Monday nite ribs on the OTG

Frank H

TVWBB Gold Member
Been wanting to try ribs on the kettle so I figured tonight was as good a night as any. Thawed out some spares I had frozen and dusted them with the new Weber chop and steak rub. Plus a little turbinado sugar.
6aa451a9f803cbc667fb216b6b30c494_zpsbfb14cbe.jpg

Also so did a bit of a "minion" thing with the charcoal baskets...put a little unlit in the bottom hoping to extend the cooking time and keep the temps down in the "bbq" range...

Forgive me for posting this piecemeal , but photo bucket is giving me fits since I updated my iPad....

Last edited:
Looking good. I love to do ribs in the otg. What temp, and how long?

well , the temp was a bit all over the place til I got it settled. I want to say it was between 300-350 most of the time.
I gave them an hour naked , then an hour foiled , then about 45 minutes to crisp them up at the end....so , 2 hr 45 give or take.
at the end they bent nicely and probing with the thermapen , the meat was at 195-205 internal. and the probe slid in like buttah.

You sure those are spares Frank?
Look like bb's they're so meaty.
And they look daggum good!
must be slow to get things in Bahston, the Weber Steak & Chop seasoning has been around here for a long time.:p

That works Frank, wish I had a plate right now
thanks , man.

Good looking ribs, just picked up some of the Weber's Steak n' Chop rub and really like it.
I agree. stuff is sensational.

Don't get the fits, Frank - eat some more of those good lookin' ribs, that'll calm you!

thanks , brother. im tellin ya. photobucket app on my ipad is killing me. just when I learned how to use it efficiently , I update my ipad and now the app freezes up every time I copy a pic. makes me mental. :mad:

Very nice looking ribs.

thanks , bro.

Nice job on those ribs, Frank!
thanks cliff.

ooh , a perfect 10 ! high praise indeed ! Thank you sir !

Those ribs look good and moist!

enrico , they were succulent and not greasy at all. Sweetie pronounced them "delicious and not too smokey"
I really like the OTG and Im getting better at controlling the heat.

Last edited:
You sure those are spares Frank?
Look like bb's they're so meaty. you know , Bob , they might be. I neglected to record the pkg.
And they look daggum good! and that they were , my friend.
must be slow to get things in Bahston, the Weber Steak & Chop seasoning has been around here for a long time.:p
HA ha ! well , maybe so ,I don't get out much , ya know!
but I just noticed them at BJs and I like that size package too. very handy.
bb872e5e6fd806e9d05654709baa1c9b_zps6265ca02.jpg

Last edited:
I have not seen the larger container of W S&C, and I use the stuff on everything.
well, haven't tried it on ice cream............yet.
Have a great evening my friend!

Nice ribs. Like that setup. I've been playing with minion in my kettle as well to replicate smoker.

Back