Mobile WSM??

ADMcCarver

Hey Gang,
Another question for the experts out here. I'm interested in seeing if there is a way to make the WSM more mobile. Not necessarily portable but just a way to put some wheels on it and make it easier to move? Have any of you done that to yours?

Thanks,
Amp

I installed one of these on each leg of my 18.5. They work well, but I found that the nuts & bolts holding the legs on seemed to loosen up (I guess they're not meant to handle the lateral forces imposed by rolling). For now, I just keep a screwdriver and wrench handy to tighten them, but adding some lock washers would probably be a better solution.

It's pretty easy to lift the mid section off/up. I did have to lift it once during a cook it but it was not a problem for me. I have since added simple u shaped handles to the mid section and I used silicone tubing over the handles so they don't get hot.

That is a nice mod. How hard is it to add fuel? What is it like to get the door off?
TIA

It's pretty easy to lift the mid section off/up. I did have to lift it once during a cook it but it was not a problem for me. I have since added simple u shaped handles to the mid section and I used silicone tubing over the handles so they don't get hot.

I think, when I do mine, I will build a small platform to slide the tongue of a handcart into and roll it where I want it, that one I will keep simple......yeah, right, I can do that. I just wanted to replace my fiberglass performer deck and see how that ended up! I'm not really complaining, I just know myself! Ooh, maybe a radio controlled dolly contraption with a cooler attached! See, I am an addict!
Maybe I should not sell the grandchildrens "Barbie Jeep" and.........

The hole I cut in the top took the door removal into account, no problem opening or removing if you measure correctly.

Back