Mid Week on the smokey joe

Jim McKelvey

TVWBB All-Star
Bear with me, two posts in one night. I have not been good about taking pics and getting them loaded, so making up for some lost time here. Came home late on Wednesday and was craving burgers on the grill. I usually make my own patties, but for nights like this, when nothing is defrosted, I have Huisken frozen patties on hand. Also was trying Harris Teeter natural hardwood briquets.
068_zps0b436df5.jpg
[/IMG]

As compared to K-Blue
069_zps2ee9e621.jpg
[/IMG]

and again
070_zps1b0e997d.jpg
[/IMG]

I swap my gasser cast iron onto the SJ for burgers...gotta get me some more CIGs. But this will do
071_zps7cdbb59e.jpg
[/IMG]

HT briqs throwing off some good heat in the chilly NC evening (I know, 40's is not chilly!)
073_zpsd520c1b3.jpg
[/IMG]

And plated - Ketchup, mustard, pickled jalapenos and some chips. Trying to watch my carbs. :(
074_zpsbc290030.jpg
[/IMG]

Pretty tasty - love the jalapenos with any beef. That's all for now folks...thanks for checking out my cook.

nice burgers...Im also trying to watch my carbs but the weekend comes and I forget about everything.

Jim, I'll bet you'd love the green chile cheeseburgers that are popular in New Mexico...yours look tasty!

Tony - on the HT charcoal, burns hotter, longer and with less ash than KB. It is more than 2x the cost. It also has a nice, subtle smokiness in my opinion.

Bob - I think you are right, looks the same to me. That wws a very interesting thread, thanks for linking.

Chip - we' ll hv to hook up one of these days!

Brad - I'm certain i would love those green chile cb's!

Thanks guys. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

how i missed this post baffles me

Jim, looks GREAT!
if you REALLY love the jalapenos on beef... try adding them on the raw meat AS YOU GRILL....
the juices from the peppers will actually come out and seep into the meat as it cooks....
check it out, you'll LOVE it!!

Back