Merry Christmas Grill Fans!

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So this is another Christmas. I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. It's great sharing with all of you, and I never stop learning or enjoying some good friendly debates about grills - Weber and even others.

I got a new Christmas ornament for this year. It is based on my Rec Tec RT-700 grill:

PKV8M5i.jpg

A Weber SmokeFire would probably be more exciting, but I still like my Rec Tec very much. It delivered another nice smoked turkey for Christmas Eve at a friend's house.

As I have done a few times in the past, I finished another Weber Christmas present - just in time this morning. This one is a restored Pontiac Blue Q 300 for my sister and brother-in-law. Here it is off the production line following 3 progressive burn-offs waiting outside my little "shop" to be brought over to their house this morning:

rsdTEdz.jpg

After surprising my sister and brother-in-law this Christmas morning (I found out they were days away from buying another grill because their Spirit succumbed to the inevitable Florida rust out):

2elTcOZ.jpg

A57oY2W.jpg

I worked hard to make the Pontiac Blue 550 degree engine paint work by priming it first with very high temp primer and then coating with 1000 degree clear gloss coat. It seemed to do pretty well on my progressively hotter burn-offs (as prescribed on the gloss clear coat can).

I plan to post a restoration thread in the Weber Q section in the near future.

CHRISTMAS PAST

For those of you newer TVWBB participants who may not have seen it, here is a link to one of my favorite personal posts about a Christmas grill I did a couple years ago:

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?72...-with-a-Weber-flair&highlight=weber+christmas

I enjoy gifts but remember the real gift of Christmas this season!

K49M6Ok.jpg

Last edited:
Jon, Merry Christmas!

I like to see how you enjoy "Webering" people for special events like holidays, etc.

Merry Christmas again!

Tim

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Jon. You're a wonderful inspiration and a treasured contributor to this BB.

Merry Christmas everyone. Jon, that Q looks great.
There a lots of great old colors that I would like to
do myself. Hugger or Hemi orange, Plum Crazy purple
top the list.

Merry Christmas to you and your family Jon. You always inspire us with your hard work and great skills. You're one of the reasons there are ten Weber's in my back yard and for that I thank you….I think;)

Merry Christmas to you and your family Jon. You always inspire us with your hard work and great skills. You're one of the reasons there are ten Weber's in my back yard and for that I thank you….I think;)

I will definitely share this one with Faith. She will probably say not only am I overdoing it myself but guilty of overwhelming friends’ yards and decks as well :eek:!

Merry Christmas and Happy Nee Year, Rich!

Back