MD 2024 Kettle.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 24
  • MD 2024 Turkey.jpg
    MD 2024 Turkey.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 25
  • MD2024 Harvest.jpg
    MD2024 Harvest.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 25
That's impressive.....I had a 7.5 pound chicken the other day and I was supposed to make it dizzy but decided against it.
The shape was off and I thought it would take to long and cook too much.....guess I was wrong.....looking good.

Very nice !!! Did you only have the coals on one side?

Thanks
Yes, I only use one side when using my rotisserie. My reasoning is that if you run both sides, the self basting affect that rotisserie does, isn't as effective. I'm also watchful that my rotisserie turns "up" from the hot side, not down. That way the dripping (basting) ride up, not down. The difference is giving the dripping more time on the meat before dripping off

Yes, I only use one side when using my rotisserie. My reasoning is that if you run both sides, the self basting affect that rotisserie does, isn't as effective. I'm also watchful that my rotisserie turns "up" from the hot side, not down. That way the dripping (basting) ride up, not down. The difference is giving the dripping more time on the meat before dripping off
1717127811169.gif

I continually find myself on the fence when it comes to rotisserie. I've always liked store-bought rotisserie food, and am genuinely intrigued by the concept and how well fellow TVWBB member cooks come out. But at the same time I worry that it is more gadgetry and complications that I have the patience for. Plus it would be yet another thing to have to store when not in use. I really need a bigger deck and a dedicated BBQ/BBQ Accessory Storage Facility... hahah

Maybe one day. . .

I continually find myself on the fence when it comes to rotisserie. I've always liked store-bought rotisserie food, and am genuinely intrigued by the concept and how well fellow TVWBB member cooks come out. But at the same time I worry that it is more gadgetry and complications that I have the patience for. Plus it would be yet another thing to have to store when not in use. I really need a bigger deck and a dedicated BBQ/BBQ Accessory Storage Facility... hahah

Maybe one day. . .
I’ve had very similar feelings about a rotisserie. Don’t mean to derail this thread. But I am curious… does chicken, or turkey, or kebabs taste better on a rotisserie. Or, is it the convenience of not having to turn them? Or maybe the coolness factor?

Back