Member's Mark Pro Series

I am with Brett, but if you do go the new Member’s Mark route, you should hold out for the much better model that they aggressively market as a Genesis alternative. It is a more rugged grill with some very nice grates and other features. SAVE YOUR RECEIPT! You may need it if you have warranty issues. Not that Sam’s will fix it, but maybe give you another. I am not sure though that Sam’s Club’s policy is as generous as Costco’s.

I may actually be buying one this year. IMO it's a WAY better made grill than the Genesis and far better value. Not sure what you're looking at that you found it flimsy. I was just this week on Tuesday looking at the new line of Genesis grills and yesterday was at Sam's and checking the MM ones. Honestly can't understand why you would call the MM cheap and flimsy.

Exactly 147.7 lbs. of cheap and flimsy. The Weber mentioned is 125 lbs. It's hard to quantify cheap or flimsy, but the specs certainly suggest that the metal is there.

Correction - now I see 160 lbs. for Weber grill at Home Depot site.

Last edited:
I should also add I have the Member's Mark Pellet Pro and it is an EXTREMELY well made and great performing product. An EX4 killer? I think not. But every bit as well made as others I have seen at far higher prices

I agree. I would never pay what they are asking for a brand new Genesis or any other grill in the $1000 price range. But, I wouldn't pay that for a NIB Silver B or even 1000 grill either. A rehabbed older Genesis is just too much value for me to forgo in lieu of the new stuff.
While I love Weber products, I would probably look at a lower priced alternative to the Genesis if I was after a brand new grill. I think the MM offering would be a great start based on some of the reviews I have seen here on it.

As a follow up, I just got a flyer in the mail this morning from Sams Club. It is offering the above grill for $124 off, making it a $375 purchase.
I see this as a competitor to the Genesis since it has an aluminum firebox, which is what most of the inexpensive offerings Do Not offer. I like that raised warming rack too.

2023-01-26_115722.jpg

As a follow up, I just got a flyer in the mail this morning from Sams Club. It is offering the above grill for $124 off, making it a $375 purchase.
I see this as a competitor to the Genesis since it has an aluminum firebox, which is what most of the inexpensive offerings Do Not offer. I like that raised warming rack too.

View attachment 65631
I looked at that exact grill in the flesh yesterday and the Genesis and Spirit line in the flesh the day before. $$$ for $$$ I am sorry. The Weber stuff does not stack up well. And at $600 vs $1400 on the one I actually am considering? Badabing fuggedaboutit

Looks like it has quality components Larry:

With 640 sq. inches of heavy-duty 304 stainless steel cooking grates, 12, 000 BTU infrared sear burner, powerful 304 stainless steel burners, 304 stainless steel heat tents, and a channel ignition system that is weather-proof, it offers one of the most reliable grills in the industry.

Looks like it has quality components Larry:

With 640 sq. inches of heavy-duty 304 stainless steel cooking grates, 12, 000 BTU infrared sear burner, powerful 304 stainless steel burners, 304 stainless steel heat tents, and a channel ignition system that is weather-proof, it offers one of the most reliable grills in the industry.
Yes and I did look at that one in GREAT detail last summer. And other than no rotisserie burner I cannot find anything to dislike about it. Other than it being made in China but then much of that argument can be made for Spirit and Genesis as well. But, if it performs as well as the pellet grill? I'm sold. Though oddly there is still a part of me that really wants to grab a Smokefire. Call me crazy. I know my wife does

Actually I should clarify my position. The MM grill I am considering is this one https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-mark-pro-series-5-burner-gas-grill/prod26361687?xid=plp_product_5
Yes, this is the model I was referring to. It IS very nicely made overall, especially for the price (at least compared to a new Genesis). The black one, originally posted, is not nearly as well made in my opinion.

Having said that, I will have less money (but a LOT of sweat equity) in my rebuilt 25-year-old 1st generation Summit. The current crop of Weber, Members Mark, or whatever don't come close to it in my view.

IMG_1392.jpeg

And, I would prefer a restored straight-up "classic" Genesis over these options as well. The big advantage of something like that MM is larger size and out of the box new. If you aren't up for restoration work and don't mind spending there's nothing wrong with that.

Yes, this is the model I was referring to. It IS very nicely made overall, especially for the price (at least compared to a new Genesis). The black one, originally posted, is not nearly as well made in my opinion.

Having said that, I will have less money (but a LOT of sweat equity) in my rebuilt 25-year-old 1st generation Summit. The current crop of Weber, Members Mark, or whatever don't come close to it in my view.

View attachment 65645

And, I would prefer a restored straight-up "classic" Genesis over these options as well. The big advantage of something like that MM is larger size and out of the box new. If you aren't up for restoration work and don't mind spending there's nothing wrong with that.
Me as well, except I am just "over" doing them. I don't have the time. Mixers have me as busy as I want to be, they're much easier for me to work with, not a slave to the weather, no need for large space(s), and overall just better turnover. So I am considering turning the Genesis over to daughter's live in partner, and getting myself something to augment the Wolf monster. Which I will keep for the reason of it being an effective top shelf rotisserie unit

View attachment 65631
Actually looks pretty solid. If those burners are readily available aftermarket, SS flavorizers shouldn't be a problem to obtain even if you needed to cut them to fit. Burner system looks almost identical to Webers current GS4....at $375 it looks like a very decent buy.

Back