Member's Mark Pro Series

I agree with this. Weber does not have the market cornered in parts availability. In fact, I would submit that most gas grills with an aluminum or stainless firebox can be made functional with generic and readily available aftermarket parts...burners, flame tamers, knobs, igniters. Amazon has made this extremely easy. Grill cabinets, carts...perhaps not so much. That's where the ingenuity and effort comes in.
Manifolds, valves much less so, but they are less prone to rust or deterioration. Additionally, I would submit that most folks on this forum are experienced enough to repair or rebuild such grills. Yes Weber grills...especially those older, more classic models are built for the long haul. That doesn't mean that all others are not.
Weber had the market cornered in parts availability a few years ago. You could walk into Home Depot and they had a whole section of exactly the Weber-specific replacement parts you would need. Not so for any other brand. Since then, Home Depot has expanded their generic part selection, Weber has expanded their product line and part counts, and Amazon has become a major player.

Weber had the market cornered in parts availability a few years ago. You could walk into Home Depot and they had a whole section of exactly the Weber-specific replacement parts you would need. Not so for any other brand. Since then, Home Depot has expanded their generic part selection, Weber has expanded their product line and part counts, and Amazon has become a major player.
Couldn’t tell you the last time I bought a power tool at Big Orange. What they sell has no bearing on what I buy. I wouldn’t even go there for a grill so I don’t think they’re the big player in the grill space anymore.

I am done with Home Depot as well. They have cut all ties with my wife's company (Estwing) and are not selling any of their tools. And actually no American made striking tools period. So HD and I other than for something I can get nowhere else, has lost my business

That wasn't my point. My point was, if you were seeking to keep a gas grill going...be it a Weber, a Ducane(when they were viable under Weber or before) a Broil King or even one of the Nexgrill or Charbroil offerings, you could order or buy most of the components from a Walmart, a Lowes, Home Depot and without a doubt...Amazon. Generic burner tubes that are adjustable in length, generic igniters, adjustable grids and grates, flame tamers, hood thermometers all were/are easily found. Now even more so with Amazon, where aftermarket exact replacement parts for a large variety of grill brands are available from multiple sellers on Amazon. So choosing a Weber exclusively for the purpose of parts availability has not been a solid argument for years.
Now I see that even the newer 2017+ GS4 Weber burner system parts are available from sources other than Weber so when the patent runs on those, they'll be all over Amazon too.

Last edited:

Back