Meatballs in Beer Gravy

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
This recipe was made by my Aunt and Grandmother back in the 50s when I was growing up in the Chicago area. I ran across it and decided to try it on the performer and exercise a little cast iron.
The ingredients are
Ground beef
Onion
Green pepper
Croutons soaked in milk
Egg
Cream of mushroom soup (I make my own because canned has too much sodium)
Beer
Hot sauce
Sage
You make the meatballs using onion, sage, bell pepper, croutons, egg and mix with the
ground beef. Brown the meatballs and add to the soup mix with a little hot sauce mixed in the soup. Simmer for one hour then slowly add the beer and simmer for another hour. Serve over noodles.
Simple but really tasty.

For desert Barb made a delicious skillet peach tart on the gasser see her post

S1030054_zpsb6fac3fe.jpg

S1030053_zps64246b9a.jpg

S1030055_zps1ae273ed.jpg

S1030057_zpsbbc23ea5.jpg

S1030059_zps5352c3eb.jpg

S1030064_zpsc4bc46a3.jpg

S1030087_zps3bae3cc0.jpg

Hope everybody is having a great weekend.

that looks really good. I thought you used rice before I read it, but noodles sound even better. I'll have to try this.

If I had that plate of meatballs in front of me right now, I would shove aside the fork and knife, grab a large serving spoon, and start shoveling them into my mouth! I love these kinds of nostalgic cooks. Great stuff, Rich.

Dang Rich. Great meal. From the write up and pics, it remids me a little of Stroganoff with a twist or two.

You just know about some things, , when you look at them, you just know it is going to be really good. Well done my friend

Back