Marshall Tucker Pork Tenderloins & Chickens

Jak Stepan

TVWBB Pro
absolutely spectacular weather today. sunny. 75. n/nw @ 3-5.

everyones covered: wife, kids and dad

trying the stubbs rubs. and the new S&W hog sticker in case I need a test bite later

some trashy southern rock to go with the nite. don't hate on me for that comment - trashy is the word now, its the highest compliment

how I roll. Tuco the copper pit got the call tonite. named my pits to keep up with them. apple wood - yall are convincing w that stuff so I got a big bag... appreciate yalls tips all the time

arranging these variety cooks for proper air flow becomes a science/artform in itself

shes a-gettin warm now...

right on the mark, 300 puts me at 60-75 min cook for bone-in birds. same with tenderloins. more marshall tucker band and throwing back another frosty

finally lifted the lid after 80 mins, got delayed in the house. here you go

I check my meat by using a flashlight through the vent holes and my eye through another hole. takes practice.

thanks for checking in yall.

don't lift the lid...

Wow - another Tuckerhead on the site!! And "trashy" may be the word for highest compliment, but I can't bring myself to use it for anything I like, especially the MTB...:)

As far as your cook goes, everything looks AWESOME! Great post Jak!

i thot i was the only one who did the flashlight peak...love the MTB fave track `Cant you see` 1977...outstanding..Blackstone Cherry does a good version to. but anyhooo what a cook Jak...and sooo luv that copperhead!!

You did good there my friend, I'd love some of that Loin. Between MTB, Allman Bros, ZZ and Skynard pretty much made up a rock and rollers party night around here with a few others thrown in.

That is an awesome cook-out.

A few questions! Did you light up all the coal, or use some sort of minion method? And as for the Stubbs rub, is it any good? I am a big fan of their charcoal.

That is an awesome cook-out.

A few questions! Did you light up all the coal, or use some sort of minion method? And as for the Stubbs rub, is it any good? I am a big fan of their charcoal.

ricardo- thanks. full chimney on this cook, about a half dozen left in that bag so tossed them on top once in the kettle. usually dump the coals into the coal rack before the top coals ash over so they still have some life in them.

yes the pork rub is very good, and the stubbs regular bbq rub is my go-to rub for baby backs.

take it easy and ... don't lift the lid...

Great looking food BEFORE it went on the grill, and delicious looking coming off. Great music, and creative arrangement to get all that food on there. Love the loins.

ricardo- thanks. full chimney on this cook, about a half dozen left in that bag so tossed them on top once in the kettle. usually dump the coals into the coal rack before the top coals ash over so they still have some life in them.

yes the pork rub is very good, and the stubbs regular bbq rub is my go-to rub for baby backs.

take it easy and ... don't lift the lid...

Thanks for the reply JAk. Like I said, awesome cook.

I guess I need to modify my kettle with a lid thermometer. It seems to make a difference.

Great cook Jak. I gotta say I have never started chicken and ribs at the same time but you pulled it off. Also I must confess, I lift the lid. No flashlight peek.

I like how you roll Jak - nice cook! I love the copper kettle - very stylish. MTB, brew, & Q I can think of no finer way to spend a pleasant southern afternoon...

Regards,
J

Looks great there!

I do tenderloins frequently here. I may have to give a slow cook to one soon.

Back