Marinated NOT flank steak

Dave_B

TVWBB Fan
I say not because I usually use this marinade with flank, but the only piece that Publix had was too thick for my liking. Chatted with the butcher for a bit and he suggested Flat Iron instead. After some internal debate (hesitant for the change) I picked up (2) 1 lb steaks.

Marinated them in Soy Sauce, minced garlic, white sugar, apple cider vinegar, touch of vegetable oil, dash of season salt and a couple of bay leaves.

Didn't get to marinate them long as I picked up the meat right from work for dinner.

Got the 26'er up as high as I could prior to putting these 2 on. Few minutes on each side.

Results? I'll be hesitant now to go back to flank! This has much more marbling, and way much more tender. Turned out way better than any of the flanks I had done up to now.

This stuff didn't last long at all! As such, I didn't get many pics. One pre sliced, other sliced.

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for the praises guys! Really means a lot.

I've used this marinade for years, passed down from family. Works great with all beef that I've used it on.

Next time I do it, I'll try to get closer measurements on what's in it. But about 3/4 cup of soy, large teaspoon of minced garlic, probably around 1 TB of sugar, really just a dash of the season salt, few capfuls of the oil and a very little apple cider vinegar.

Very nice outcome, Dave! I'm not usually one to marinate beef, but that sounds (and looks) awfully good. Had a very nicely marbled Angus flank steak the other night and just dusted it with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Just put "Flat Iron" on the shopping list.

Jeff

Good to hear Jeff. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I only marinate flank, chuck eye, kabob meat and now flat iron. I'm an S&P kind of guy when it comes to strips, tenderloins, ribeyes and so forth.

Back