Mandolin slicer recommendations

“Only a Gibson is Good Enough”
Obscure musical instrument reference! I apologize.
I have a couple of food mandolins, the Börnriner (sp?) “V”slicer which works pretty well for not a lot of money. I also have a Matfer all stainless, works extremely well but, the “Safety Handle“ is sketchy at best. Bought a Kevlar glove but, haven’t used it yet.

I have a Pampered Chef mandolin. It's served me well for about 10 years, but I use it infrequently.
I'm not necessarily a big fan of Pampered Chef - it was one of those deals where I had to find SOMETHING to order from
the neighbor across the street. 😁
Nevertheless, I expect it will last me for my lifetime, so I can't complain.

I have a Pampered Chef mandolin. It's served me well for about 10 years, but I use it infrequently.
I'm not necessarily a big fan of Pampered Chef - it was one of those deals where I had to find SOMETHING to order from
the neighbor across the street. 😁
Nevertheless, I expect it will last me for my lifetime, so I can't complain.
Dontcha hate when the neighbors get involved in MLM schemes

An old one I have had the adjustability of the OXO, but not the versatility of the Swissmar Borner V-Slicer I have now. The OXO appears to have both bases covered. I paid $34 for the Swissmar 15 years ago, but see it costs more today than the OXO, which to me really looks like it came from the same factory. If I was looking for one today, I'd go with the OXO.

I never go near mine without the special gloves
I watched as my daughter sliced the tip of a finger off with one of these. I'll be darned if I didn't turn around and do the same thing several years later. We both healed, but I, too, will not ever go near one without the gloves. It gives me the creeps to even think about it. I respect the tool and the damage it can do.

I never go near mine without the special gloves
Kevlar dulls the heck out of blades. I'll take the free manicure :)

I've had a few minor cuts and I slow down and use the guard when I get close. If I get something super glue won't fix, I'll dig my gloves out of the attic.

I worked a deli slicer in college. Now THAT was a scary tool. I didn't care how slimy the shared gloves were, I wore them start to finish when cleaning that.

Here's a link to the finger guards and cots I used while waiting for my fingertip to grow back (2017). I had a pair of kevlar gloves in the drawer that I brought home from work but I didn't use them, but I do now. You always think it won't happen to you.

Back