Makin' Bacon

Andy Erickson

TVWBB Pro
Did two pork bellys on the WSM using the hanging rack. Cured, smoked, sliced, packaged and put in the freezer.

QLcqWTO.jpg

Bt3mdnw.jpg

LTGnDcr.jpg

HAz9obO.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Yours looks almost as good as mine!
Just kidding, that's some good looking bacon!
Can't beat the taste of home made bacon!

Wow! That bacon looks great. You have me intrigued because I saw pork belly at Costco but wasn't sure how to go about making it.

How did you know how much charcoal to use? Trial and error I assume or did you follow a recipe? Thanks in advance!

Jesse, look at Brother Bob Correll’s bacon thread in the “charcuterie” sub heading.
It will make you really get on the BBBBacon train!
Jump on!

Wow! That bacon looks great. You have me intrigued because I saw pork belly at Costco but wasn't sure how to go about making it.

How did you know how much charcoal to use? Trial and error I assume or did you follow a recipe? Thanks in advance!

Just kind of know by now. Can't really mess this up though. Anything between 120 and 220 will work just fine. I was shooting for around 150 and just let it smoke until the fire went out and that is what happened. With only a few coals lit and using the snake method, the smoker never gets too hot. Also used a full water pan.

Back