lunch while smoking?

N Cage

hey everyone. Can some of you guys give me some ideas on what to put on the smoker for lunch since i will be doing a relatively long smoke tomorrow (couple of pork butts). I thought about maybe throwing some wings on (not sure how long i should leave them on) and them throwing them into the fryer once they come off the smoker. Course you could always throw sausages or hot dogs on. Any other ideas?

I'd probably just smoke a few wings sans fryer, since low-n-slow wings have tender skin, not rubbery in the least bit. If you want to fry though, I'm sure they'll be even better.

Hope your cook goes smooth!
Dave

Naked fatty. Chuckie. Meatloaf. I like to smoke sausages, butterfly them, put them on rolls with bbq sauce, mustard, or mayo.

Thanks guys for all the ideas. I'll tell you what i did:
Smokes some split wings for about 1.5 hours. I then crisped them on the weber gas grill. I then dunked them in a warm concoction of butter/bbq sauce/honey. They were out of this world. My wife loved them. I think maybe next time i will smoke them for a bit longer (maybe 2-2.5 hours). Sorry guys some of the recommendations i didn't know what they were. You will have to explain so i have ideas next time which includes:
ABT,Fatty, Chuckie, & piggies. Wish i could find hot links in my areas. My area is kinda lacking in variety. Definitely going try a hamburger smoked. That sounds delicious!!!!!

On a side note i'm using my just arrived BBQ Guru DX2 and i absolutely love it. Holding a 225 temperature easily without having to tend to the smoker at all.

bone in, skin on, full chicken breast. put your rub under the skin and let it go. I did this on a recent pork butt smoke and it was the best chicken i have made in recent memory. WSM was running about 275 and it took about 1:15, the skin was not crispy but i dont generally eat it these days.

I like smoked steaks and pork chops as well. Sirloin tips are skinny and easy to fit around other stuff in the smoker and will be cooked in 30-60 minutes. Do a quick reverse sear on a kettle or even in a pan on the stove and you're good to go.

Back