Looks like a Genesis Junior

Yup, but since they don't have casters, they are more like handles to move them around.

I could have sworn that I saw someone put a mini shelf on the left with just 3 slats with halved z-bars, but I cannot find a photo of it at the moment.

Yah, that one is a whole lot less ugly.

Yeah, the red one is really prettied up. Reminds me of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney where the pirates are all clamoring “we want the redhead!”

I don’t know, I think the brunette one could look even better with some hard work and good attention to detail.

Yes nice grill. Did they actually have an igniter because I don't see one in the pictures?

According to a schematic on ereplacements.com there is an igniter between the two knobs. It probably is just a black button only with no decorative cover and doesn’t show up in the pictures. I have to admit that I don’t really see it in either grill picture, though. Maybe there was a different version where the igniter button was in the front under the control panel. It does look like there may be something there.

Last edited:
Is that an ignitor on the front face of the grill? Like, below the control panel, on the vertical front face of the machine?

Yup, but since they don't have casters, they are more like handles to move them around.

I could have sworn that I saw someone put a mini shelf on the left with just 3 slats with halved z-bars, but I cannot find a photo of it at the moment.

You are correct MacEggs over at WKC put 3 slats on the left side had a problem trying to get the pic looks a little more balanced and yes it looks like he cut a z-bar in half.

Th, yes the ignitor is on the front of the grill if you look at the RRR emblem its above that.

Yeah, the red one is really prettied up. Reminds me of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney where the pirates are all clamoring “we want the redhead!”

I don’t know, I think the brunette one could look even better with some hard work and good attention to detail.

I dated a couple red heads damn they're LOTS of trouble

Honestly I don't even think it's worth that much. The Jr was always something that just didn't "belong" The later 2 burner Genesis Silver A and Spirit A FAR and away superior grills to the Jr. I put the Jr on a level with the Weber gas kettle. No bueano

Honestly I don't even think it's worth that much. The Jr was always something that just didn't "belong" The later 2 burner Genesis Silver A and Spirit A FAR and away superior grills to the Jr. I put the Jr on a level with the Weber gas kettle. No bueano

Larry,

I wouldn't disagree with that, but as a hopeless collector (as my wife says a museum curator who missed his calling) I would love to own both a Jr. AND a Weber gas kettle. Not to grill with (although I would love to try once!), just to appreciate their part in Weber history:cool:!

Reality - I guess fortunately - does try to keep me in check, since I live on a small lot in a campground community and have neither space nor funds to indulge all the crazy ideas I think I would like to have on display for show and tell :(!

It looks "cute" but I would not have space either to have it sitting around. And I assume this one would appeal to collectors only.

Would also appeal to anyone who wanted a smaller "retro" grill. This was the Genesis A of it's day. Spirit 500 2 burner didn't come out until 1998 or so. Silver A came out in 2000

It looks "cute" but I would not have space either to have it sitting around. And I assume this one would appeal to collectors only.

Stefan,

I think that pretty much sums it up. Other than for a collector with Weberitous (like me:rolleyes:) this grill doesn’t have anything special going for it. Parts challenge alone should dissuade anyone who is looking for something to actually USE!

If someone needed a smaller grill, a Genesis Silver A or first generation Spirit (same grill basically) would be a much better choice, both for grilling and keeping it functional.

Back