Looking for Weber gas grill recommendations

Warren Frank

Hello, I am looking to purchase my first Weber gas grill. I am looking a the Genesis series but not sure where to start. It is just myself and my wife now but I do sometimes entertain and host grill outs. I am looking for something that will last and I don't really need a side burner. I see some are stainless steel and some porcelain coated along with the different types of burner materials. I am also looking to keep it on my deck year round and I live in WI with some rough winters.
Thanks in advance
Warren

LOL. Yah, without trying to sell a rehabbed grill, I suggest you rehab one yourself or buy a rehabbed older "Made in USA" Weber grill. Weber has been outsourcing their manufacturing for quite a while now.

Anyway, a well rehabbed Genesis 1000 or Silver B would be a great solution for you at less than half the price. It will likely outlast a brand new one and I feel will cook just as well. I seriously am not trying to sell a grill. My next two are already spoken for anyway. But, with you can buy a lot of Ribeyes for the money you will save.

But, if you are set on a brand new Genesis II, I would go with the three burner so you have room to cook for a group of people without having to drag out another grill or do part of the cook in the kitchen. I also recommend the open cart design. The enclosed cart rust out extremely quick up here. I would stay away from the stainless steel versions. That stuff is a pain to try to keep clean without damaging the finish.

I echo Bruce's support of a "classic" made in USA Weber like he suggested. If you can be patient and get on his waiting list he will make you an awesome one! Look through the posts of some his beautiful restores.

If you decide you are determined to have a brand new grill, I agree with Bruce on the Genesis II, but I would particularly recommend this one (that I admit I would like to own myself :giggle: ):

That said, here are a couple of Bruce's restorations. A new one just can't really compare in build quality - or charm. (And, NO, I am not getting commissions from Bruce:LOL:!)

LOL. Yah, without trying to sell a rehabbed grill, I suggest you rehab one yourself or buy a rehabbed older "Made in USA" Weber grill. Weber has been outsourcing their manufacturing for quite a while now.

Anyway, a well rehabbed Genesis 1000 or Silver B would be a great solution for you at less than half the price. It will likely outlast a brand new one and I feel will cook just as well. I seriously am not trying to sell a grill. My next two are already spoken for anyway. But, with you can buy a lot of Ribeyes for the money you will save.

But, if you are set on a brand new Genesis II, I would go with the three burner so you have room to cook for a group of people without having to drag out another grill or do part of the cook in the kitchen. I also recommend the open cart design. The enclosed cart rust out extremely quick up here. I would stay away from the stainless steel versions. That stuff is a pain to try to keep clean without damaging the finish.
Thank you! Your restores look awesome.

Don't be afraid of looking into the Q3XXX series. Nearly as much space as Genesis in a smaller package overall. Economical to buy and use and versatile

Yah, I was going to suggest consideration of the Q3xx grill as well. But Warren stated he was onto the Genesis line already.

I am new to this forum and am also looking for a Weber grill. I like the S-345 at Costco, but most people here recommend SE-330. I also looked at Summit, I can afford it but $2100+ is still a lot of money.

I mostly cook lamb kabobs and steaks, the higher the temperature the better; but the side burner is not a must. I am looking at SE-310/SE-SE-330/S-345.

I also looked at craigslist in Sacramento area, and found a few old one:

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Both of those older grills look like decent rehabs, but a bit overpriced IMO for what you are getting.

Are you handy at all? Do you think you would be up to rehabbing one of those older grills yourself? For a couple hundred bucks, you cold have a grill with all new high quality internals that will cook as good as a new one and likely last you longer than a brand new grill. Think off all the Lamb and beef you can buy with the savings.

I would recommend taking a look at this one

I'm thinking being in Sacramento area the cabinet isn't going to be a rusty mess.

I am new to this forum and am also looking for a Weber grill. I like the S-345 at Costco, but most people here recommend SE-330. I also looked at Summit, I can afford it but $2100+ is still a lot of money.

I mostly cook lamb kabobs and steaks, the higher the temperature the better; but the side burner is not a must. I am looking at SE-310/SE-SE-330/S-345.

I also looked at craigslist in Sacramento area, and found a few old one:

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Quoting this so the correct person sees it. Look at my post above.

Fathers Day 2020..... Genesis ll 335 ...... you’ll never regret it. Great for just a couple but big enough for the whole clan🍳🥓🥩🌭🍔🍕 YumYum

I would recommend taking a look at this one

I'm thinking being in Sacramento area the cabinet isn't going to be a rusty mess.
Thank you very much. I contacted the guy and we could meet this Friday in his house to take a look.

And yes here in Sacramento area, it is dry and hot most of the time. During winter there would be some rains, but I have fully covered patio, I don't think rusting is an big issue.

Both of those older grills look like decent rehabs, but a bit overpriced IMO for what you are getting.

Are you handy at all? Do you think you would be up to rehabbing one of those older grills yourself? For a couple hundred bucks, you cold have a grill with all new high quality internals that will cook as good as a new one and likely last you longer than a brand new grill. Think off all the Lamb and beef you can buy with the savings.
Thank you for your help. I can disassembly/assembly, clean, change the parts. But paint would be relay painful to me :)

Thank you very much. I contacted the guy and we could meet this Friday in his house to take a look.

And yes here in Sacramento area, it is dry and hot most of the time. During winter there would be some rains, but I have fully covered patio, I don't think rusting is an big issue.
Awesome. You are getting a highly sought after grill. I saw it posted a few days ago and thought about it for myself. But with all the grills I already have I couldn't really justify it. The price may seem steep but if the cabinet is in good shape then it's worth it. The stainless steel frame was only made for a short time, and highly sought-after by those in the know. I'm glad a member here is going to get it. Post some pictures when you get it home. I know there are some on the forums that will be envious of your score. If you have any questions about it there are plenty of people here that are ready to help.

Price seems quite high for an unrestored grill to me. But then I guess it's like used cars and guns. Market pressure is everything

Awesome. You are getting a highly sought after grill. I saw it posted a few days ago and thought about it for myself. But with all the grills I already have I couldn't really justify it. The price may seem steep but if the cabinet is in good shape then it's worth it. The stainless steel frame was only made for a short time, and highly sought-after by those in the know. I'm glad a member here is going to get it. Post some pictures when you get it home. I know there are some on the forums that will be envious of your score. If you have any questions about it there are plenty of people here that are ready to help.
I will. Thanks a lot!

Back