Looking for a good chicken pre made spice

and me with over 100 recipes of spice blends that can be used on chicken. What a shame. What a waste. lol

I may try the KOSMO'S out, I have a buddy who likes their products. I may also try that Harry Soo rub, the list of ingredients on it seems pretty fair.
Thanks for everyone for posting, I am still open to great suggestions.
Sorry Joan, I didn't mean to bring you down when I wanted to try a pre bottled spice.

OK Darryl, truth time.

I have always been told "do not put anything in or on your food that you can't pronounce. Well! I cannot pronounce a lot of the stuff that they put in bottled rubs. There, you have the truth........ :rolleyes: :D Sorry I bugged you.;)

Sorry, what's the deal with Harry Soo's?
I just want to try something new but not following what some of you are kind of saying....
Flavor profile Darryl, they have all been just salt and cayenne with nothing else coming through in the finished product.
I just didn’t find it particularly interesting. Harry is held up as a successful competitor but, the rubs I’ve gotten from him just didn’t snap my cap. I will absolutely agree with his techniques. Just did the smoke wood@“”on the bottom and the result was superior to interspersed chunks. Surprised but, pleasantly so.
Have I made that clear as mud? Sorry

Flavor profile Darryl, they have all been just salt and cayenne with nothing else coming through in the finished product.
I just didn’t find it particularly interesting. Harry is held up as a successful competitor but, the rubs I’ve gotten from him just didn’t snap my cap. I will absolutely agree with his techniques. Just did the smoke wood@“”on the bottom and the result was superior to interspersed chunks. Surprised but, pleasantly so.
Have I made that clear as mud? Sorry
I'm following you now. I really didn't understand fire and salt.
The reason why I came on asking what people liked is because I really haven't found anything I liked as far as chicken goes.
I have used a fair bit of Oakridge and I did like most of the things I tried from them so far.
I would love to make my own every time I cook, I do cook almost every day on the kettle, so after getting home from work and getting all cleaned up and cleaning the bbq and all that and getting everything out I just don't have the time to do it all the time.
Work gets in the way, and we eat a lot of chicken just looking for an easy change in taste with what comes off the grill.

OK Darryl, truth time.

I have always been told "do not put anything in or on your food that you can't pronounce. Well! I cannot pronounce a lot of the stuff that they put in bottled rubs. There, you have the truth........ :rolleyes: :D Sorry I bugged you.;)
Not all of them are like this, Joan. There are plenty of blends out there with ingredients you can pronounce.

There are some folks who might not have the $$$ to create a blend regularly. For many, it comes down to cost. I do both: homemade and the occasional blend. But the blends I buy have no artificial anything in them. That's why their shelf life is shorter. When I make my own blends, using fresh ingredients, it's about 3-4x the cost of store-bought, pre-made mixes.

Take a look at some of the ones out there by pro BBQers and spice sites, especially Penzeys. NONE of their spice blends contain any preservatives or unpronounceable ingredients.

I agree with you Tim, the worst thing I find in some I use I think is ascorbic acid, which is basically vitamin C I believe.
I see lots of people using the chopped garlic in a jar for convenience obviously, I would never touch that stuff after I learned some pretty harsh details on it.
Anyways thanks to everyone for posting up some ideas. I am limited to some of these options just based on my location of course.

Back