Looking for a good chicken pre made spice

Well I pulled the trigger and bought just one of Harry Soo's chicken rub.
Just the regular stuff. If it's nothing special no big deal. I wanted something new for this weekends cook and it arrived today.
2 birds on one spit on Saturday.
I' only bought that one for convenience as I was placing an order with my regular bbq joint and they had everything else I needed but not much in the chicken rub line so I went for it. I had to hit my dollar amount anyways so it was perfect.
I appreciate the other suggestions and will 100% try one or two of them out.

I just went to a place in Frankenmuth (a fried chicken Mecca) and they had a BBQ directed seasoning on the table. I picked up a bottle, I think it might be pretty good, will advise.

I have been to this mecca 5 times or more maybe......about 4 hours drive and a border crossing but I sure did eat well.
That Zander's and the food served up family style is pretty fun, just too bad it was always just the 2 of us eating at once.

There were six of us but three were June birthdays so, they ate free! I’m was still a handsome tab when all was said and done. But, the Hoffbrau dunkel was delicious!

I agree, when the dollar was even with US dollar we went a fair amount. Stayed in a hotel there for a reasonable dollar. I spent a considerable amount of time at the brewery on top of the hill on the corner.....I think happy hour was $2 20oz drinks......I don't remember how I was able to walk back lol. That easily 10 years ago now.

Looking for a good pre made Chicken rub.
Not really picky on what is in it but just something that really tastes good.
It can be mellow as I can add my own heat to things.
I would be using this on rotisserie chickens, as well as wings and other dark pieces like thighs and drums.
Also sometimes on breast.
Wings almost always come out very dark when using Killer Hogs bbq rubs. It is good but just need to be able to have a change when I want it.

All recommendations welcome as long as you have tried it before.

Anyone tried this before....I would like to think he wouldn't put out a bad product.
View attachment 29753
I like Johnnies Seasoning Salt. Not really a rub, but is flavorful........

Trying the Zehnders hickory seasoning on a pork tenderloin tonight, will advise.
Perfect evening for grilling! 78 degrees, nice breeze, minimal insect hindrance.
Does not get much better than this! I have a bigger party(20+/-) week after next and the “long range” forecast is looking pretty promising! Fingers crossed!

I used the Harry Soo rub or shake it's just called " chicken " last night. We had 2 boneless skinless chicken breast I decided to indirect for dinner and lunch leftovers. While " flash and salt " kept popping into my mind while I was preparing it and eating it, I did find it nice for a change for sure. There was nothing overly special about it. A few bites gave me a bite of heat and most did not, kind of like there was pieces of hot pepper in there compared to a steady heat which would seem more like cayenne or something similar. Over all I did enjoy eating it and it was nice for a change as I got used to using only 1 or 2 different flavors with chicken, and I know my guests will like come this weekend. When the bottle expires I will be trying something new of course until I find that one that really does it for me. I took a couple of pictures but not able to post them until I get home tonight. Chicken asparagus and left over pasta salad. Smoked with jealous devil, ran it at 500 dome temp with the SNS and a hunk of peach wood indirect for around 35 to 40 minutes until it hit 155 internal. Gave it a sear that came really fast and let it rest loosely covered for around 5 minutes. Produced a considerably juicy piece of meat for what I had to work with. Will try and post a pic around dinner time tonight, it was a tasty meal.

That’s nice to hear, I might have to give that a try.
The pork tenderloin with the Zehnders hickory seasoning was pretty good, sorry, no pix. Maybe next time

After what we wrote about Zehnder's yesterday I went home and was mentioning it to the MRS while preparing dinner. While we honestly can't drink beer like we used to she was missing our times there and said if we went back we would have to find new daytime activities.... :LOL:
Like go shopping in all the stores or something.... :cry:
We attended what I believe they called the world beer expo in that town, just over the river in some sort of community center, and it was also outside. A very high amount of vendors would attend and a beer sample was 4 oz. and usually only had to wait a minute or 2 to try each one.
That was getting dangerous too.....
We had some good times there for it not being much of a party center.

Boneless skinless breast with Harry Soo's rub called chicken.
1 piece of peach wood and jealous devil lump.
Cooked at 475 dome temp, indirect, seared at 155 and rested for 5 minutes loosely.
Lean plain chicken tasted good like I said above and was juicy.
Seared asparagus with parmesan lightly topped.
Left over pasta salad.

1623853010510.png

1623853024875.png

1623853040490.png

1623853052419.png

The chicken looks really good!
There is always some sort of something fest going on there, this year it was not as congested as it was prior to lockdown but, it was still busy as a one armed paper hangers convention!
I was at Costco yesterday and spotted a rub from them (Kirkland) and will test it this week. Will advise.

Back