Lodge grill

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle

I like a lot of those things.
I also would like to own another bbq.
I need to learn from some pros around here......I see people with more than 5 bbq's.

Darryl, it’s a sickness!
I’ve got 11 out there and I’m still looking for a deal on a “sportsman” from Lodge. Then I can use my Pok Pok Thaan charcoal to its best advantage.

.. I’m still looking for a deal on a “sportsman” from Lodge...
Me too! We were in Pigeon Forge a couple years ago and I told myself I'd order one online rather than hauling it home. Then I kept thinking "I'll order it some other time; other priorities right now." Then came COVID and they are not available. Or when they are they're cost-prohibitive.

5 that’s just crazy who needs 5!!
It's funny right! According to your signature there is probably more than 5 at your place.
I actually have 4 but not all of them count.
I am ready to sell my gasser and my pellet just to get one more Weber.......girls for the most part just don't get it......for some reason she thinks that the Broil King with 1 burner tube on the way out is needed and the Traeger which now will only be needed to cook me jerky and salmon ( I think I could pull off the salmon on the Weber BTW ) is needed because the jerky is good------I mean great actually but it's just jerky. I like meals not snacks.

Last edited:
Me too! We were in Pigeon Forge a couple years ago and I told myself I'd order one online rather than hauling it home. Then I kept thinking "I'll order it some other time; other priorities right now." Then came COVID and they are not available. Or when they are they're cost-prohibitive.
Exactly! Not a high priority but, it would be really nice for small dinners for two or three.

I'm going to get rid of all my other bbq's and just buy this.
I feel like its more of a need than want ;)

I'm going to get rid of all my other bbq's and just buy this.
I feel like its more of a need than want ;)

Not a bad choice, I really like my “Overperformer” but, that’s been a custom project that has taken some time to get done properly. Not for everyone.
If I were out there looking, I’d still get some version of a performer, all the parts of the master with the added convenience of the gas assist ignition and a work space. But, you have one, add a hinge from unknown BBQ and Bob’s your Uncle. Save a little coin and, get some nice products to grill/smoke, you can do it.
Since you’ve been a member here since 2020, I would have guessed that you might have seen at least one or two of the threads regarding “Weberitis” (The affliction which causes the desire to acquire at least one of every grill design produced by the company, there is NO known cure.) sorry for not giving you a “Heads up”.
I just looked at the Lodge site, the sportsman is out of stock! And up to $125.00!

Last edited:
I seen this Weberitis you speak of.......
I was just primarily concerned with the lack of warning before hand ;)
I have a performer premium, wasn't interested in the gas assist when I was ready to buy.
it does everything pretty darn good.....but the lack of room is probably the biggest concern if I had any concerns.
Getting this new mastertouch premium would give me the full 22" for smoking and not limit me to the side of the grill that the SNS doesn't interfere with. The fact it doubles down on a good bbq just like the performer can would give me all that room if I had to get 2 bbq's going.
Basically 1 dedicated smoker. OR if needed 2 smokers, 1 with less room. OR 2 good sized bbq's if I needed the room for all that too. Great for smoking a butt or something and having room to get a smoked mac n cheese going too......
Tell me if I am out to lunch, I only get one shot at this.

@Timothy F. Lewis @Rich Dahl after not finding the Sportsman I have been eyeing the PKGO recently; actually within the last week inspired by the other PK thread. It is more expensive but also has a lid. I knew PK existed but I didn't know about their PKGO and PK Hibachi.

I have an 18” cast iron round hibachi so, the Lodge is really a want, far from a “need” unit. I’ll just go buy a brisket and shut up for a while!🤣😉

Can't find a Sportsman's Grill? Check this one out:
https://binchogrill.com/collections/grills/products/yakitori-kushiyaki-charcoal-griller-gr610s

Bincho-Grill-28_1800x1800.jpg

That Bincho grill looks interesting but expensive. I have been looking for a Lodge Sportsman also and as we know difficult to find. I did find an old CI Hibachi for $20 with all its parts. Now to clean it up and add it to the rotation.

I really like the kickoff Grill and the 12" season cast iron duel handle grilling basket.
I had weberitis with 10 + grills/wsm's, with 4 SS Performers until I moved into a place that I had to get cured.
Now a Weber 26R, Blue SS Performer and a 2006 310 east-west gasser.

IMG_6572.JPG

Back