Limited Edition 26" Kettle in Glen Blue - THE UNICORN OF ALL UNICORNS! For Sale NOW

This is the grill Weber gave to Tuffy Stone when he did some corporate training there earlier this year.

Several thoughts rattling around in my brain:
  1. Hope the quality of finish is better than the limited edition red kettle.
  2. Never heard any complaints about the ivory, slate blue, smoke, and spring green kettles they came out with, nor the deep ocean blue. Hopefully this Glen Blue will be the same.
  3. Just as Weber let slip this Glen Blue kettle months ago with the Tuffy Stone photo, they also let slip a spring green WSM months ago. This bolsters my expectation that we'll see a bright green WSM in the near future.

I have 1 black kettle and I don’t wants no more! Why is Weber so set on sticking us with such limited color options?

I can't believe that! Maybe it will take them a little while to get up and running. If you can sell out, why not make MORE!

While they are at it, if I were Weber I would also bring back YELLOW and AVOCADO, two other colors coveted by collector types. I think it is a positive development that Weber is expanding and bringing back colors. They really need some image boost for their loyal fans and to bring in some new, younger customers.

This is the grill Weber gave to Tuffy Stone when he did some corporate training there earlier this year.

Several thoughts rattling around in my brain:
  1. Hope the quality of finish is better than the limited edition red kettle.
  2. Never heard any complaints about the ivory, slate blue, smoke, and spring green kettles they came out with, nor the deep ocean blue. Hopefully this Glen Blue will be the same.
  3. Just as Weber let slip this Glen Blue kettle months ago with the Tuffy Stone photo, they also let slip a spring green WSM months ago. This bolsters my expectation that we'll see a bright green WSM in the near future.

A WSM in a color would be very cool. I've only seen one on a YouTube video that was probably not one made for sale.

Just in case...

00000_4UA81jhVwY8_600x450.jpg

This item has been available for several years, and the price is 35.00.

Last edited:
People are pretty excited about this new color 26" if you scan the different sites and Facebook groups.
They are sold out on Weber.com. I imagine they will make another run of selling this color with how successful the sales were. Certainly a nice problem to have for Weber.

I can't believe that! Maybe it will take them a little while to get up and running. If you can sell out, why not make MORE!

While they are at it, if I were Weber I would also bring back YELLOW and AVOCADO, two other colors coveted by collector types. I think it is a positive development that Weber is expanding and bringing back colors. They really need some image boost for their loyal fans and to bring in some new, younger customers.

I think it was kettle on WKC forum that said that someone needs to do a 26" yellow and call it Big Bird. If Weber or anyone else did it I don't think I could call it anything else haha.

I wonder how many of these they made. They were touting it as for the Kettle Collector and a limited edition so they sold out but if you keep making new runs they aren't so limited anymore.

Maybe the marketing strategy could be that's it then come up with another special color for next year if you don't do another run people remember that and the new color sells out just as quickly. I agree its a nice problem to have for Weber and I am sure if they don't make anymore some of the people lucky enough to have gotten them may put them up for sale and let the market determine the price and walk away with a nice profit.

Well, if nothing else, this may show Weber that if you do something really cool people will respond. It is also true if they flood the market with "Glen Blues" or anything else they call "limited" it will dilute the special factor. If they really sold out that fast, I am sure this is what they had hoped for in their botched "Limited Edition Red Kettle." I think this one looks to be US Made. Hope so for $400.

The Limited Edition Red kettle was sold for a couple years, correct?

If they really don't make any more of these glen blue 26"er then the resale value a few years from now will be pretty sky high I'd imagine. They only sold them for like a half-day, haha. That's about as Limited Edition as they come.

Yesterday was probably their biggest single-day sales numbers for the 26”, ever.
Might have been the largest 6 mos sales number ever. Nobody knows how many 26's they sell in a year since they are private but it can't be anywhere near what the 22 numbers are.

Our friends over at the WKC were all over those some got lucky and called even though the website said sold out and were allowed to place an order even though one was told it was only available on the website. They just said they knew others who called and they got lucky. Most of those people will never cook on that grill its going into their collection.

Paul it might be worth a phone call you got nothing to lose.

Oh, I’m one of the lucky ones on WKC that got through and ordered one over the phone last night.

And I’m definitely not a collector. This thing is going to be used for it’s intended purpose: cooking delicious food over fire and smoke!

I’ve been on the fence about buying a 26” for years, and this color pushed me over.

Oh, I’m one of the lucky ones on WKC that got through and ordered one over the phone last night.

And I’m definitely not a collector. This thing is going to be used for it’s intended purpose: cooking delicious food over fire and smoke!

I’ve been on the fence about buying a 26” for years, and this color pushed me over.

I'd cook on it too. That thing looks so cool, love the color. Be sure to post some pictures of it in action after you've received it.

I feel bad for anyone who recently purchased a new 26"er. If I bought a brand new one say a month ago, I'd have serious buyers remorse. I got mine used for $100, so I'm not complaining at all....still might pull the trigger on the colored one if they release more.

Back