limit on number of photos in post?

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
confused, i always thought there was/is a limit on the number of photos allowed on a single post, 10.
When i try to post the 11th, a pop-up tells me there is a limit of 10.
Ok....
Put i have seen other members posting 15, 20 even 27 photos in a single post.
Recently, i came across this amazing post and it contains 19 photos...

so, i'm confused. Is there a setting i can adjust to up my photo ante?

I think it has changed since Chris changed the format a few months back.
The thread Jim cited was posted last week; Chris switched TVWBB to XenForo back in February or March.

I just looked through the settings and did not see anything that would affect the number of photos. PM Chris and ask him.

Since images can be inserted/attached or linked, my guess is that insertions are limited to 10 while links aren't.

Since images can be inserted/attached or linked, my guess is that insertions are limited to 10 while links aren't.
Except that the thread Jim linked to has 20 photos inserted that show up in the post without clicking on anything.

I ran into a similar issue in March when posting my restoration thread. I think I tried it on a different computer on a different network and it worked.

Alternatively, Jim, start a thread with the first ten pics, then immediately make another post in that thread that reads something like "saved" or "X" and hit "post reply." Then go back and edit the second post to include your text and pictures.

Linked photos show up as images just like inserted photos do - no clicking required and they look identical. Here's the same photo as an insertion and as a link:

TboneCorn20200719_4.jpg

TboneCorn20200719_4.jpg

I looked at one of the photos in the thread that Jim referred to and it does appear that it's a link and not an insertion.

Last edited:
Xenforo has two different settings:
  • Maximum Attachments Per Post = 10
  • Maximum Images Per Post = 20
Clay embedded 19 photos from an image hosting service. They are not considered attachments, thus he's within the maximum 20 image limit. Jim tried to upload an 11th image and ran into the maximum 10 attachment limit.

Under vBulletin, we had a limit of 10 images per post and no ability for attachments. So we've got an inconsistency in configuration in Xenforo. I'll go ahead and up the max attachments to 20.

Others are correct, mine were linked from ImageEvent. And actually I did run up against the 20 image limit doing that, which is why there are one or two posted in my reply to that instead of the OP. And, I've got another post to make shortly that will need even more linked images but unless Chris can instruct me of a better way to do it I'll have to put a lot of them in the reply portion too.

Back