lights...camera...BEEF RIBS!

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Loved Bob Correll's post from Thursday with his video and all...got me thinkin'....[look out!]

Tonight's dinner showcases beefback ribs. Meaty suckers I bought today at Sendik's. Marinated for 'bout 4 hours in Stubb' Beef Marinade, as always...
icon_biggrin.gif

Then came time to fire up the Kingsford in the WSM...and it was not pretty.
butt, no worries... we'll make the best of it.
(Used Pecan wood for smoke.)
Tried to keep the dome temp around 225'-250'F butt it crept slightly higher for the most part of the cook... [that was after only 1 hour].
I knew this cook was not gonna last the 4 hours I planned on, and that was fine. Cuz I'm always hungry
icon_biggrin.gif

While still cookin' on the WSM, I added a couple of my very favourite potatoes, YUKONS!! Aye!
icon_biggrin.gif
Those will take 'bout a good hour to be eetable
icon_wink.gif

Just over 3 and one half hours, both ribs and Yuks were done.
Liz steamed some broc to go with the M&P's and I brought out the #5 barbeque sauce i made a week or two ago.
so.. looks like we're all set.
Uncork some THead and let's EET!
icon_razz.gif

DSCN1789.jpg

Thank you all for puttin' up with my nonsense.
...and Thank You Bob Correll!
icon_wink.gif
<span class="ev_code_GREY">you are my inspiration!
icon_biggrin.gif
(it does rhyme with perspiration, doesn't it?)</span>

Jim, I love some beef backs! The whole cook looked great!

Almost done a vid on my baby back cook today, now you along with Bob have inspired me to try it!

I hate you,I hate you,I HATE YOU!!! For making me HUNGRY AGAIN.
Another nice job Jim.You got those ribs down pat.I'm going to try that Stubs again on beef ribs.
They sure look good. One question? Why didn't you have on your WISCONSIN SHIRT???LOL
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Take care good buddy.
Chuck

Thanks guys...
Chuckie, swing by tomorrow, my last rack of pork baby backs are on tomorrow's grill OR the WSM... can not decide yet.
Got cold Beer AND more SEASONED apple wood for ya
icon_biggrin.gif

Ya know, I had beef ribs many years ago and they were aweful and I've never had them since.

But this is making me want to give them another try.

Thx!

Sure looks good Jim - picked up a couple racks myself last Wednesday on my way back from Virginia ($1.19lb). They will be going on the WSM this week. You made me anxious to get to it!

icon_smile.gif
Thank you all!
Jim, that Toasted Head was the 2nd time I've tried it and I will replace that bottle. It is good.
and my inspirational leader, Bob, thank you for the fictional film clip.
icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
Jim,
All I can say is WOW! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was cool!

That plate look real Tasty!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Thanks guys...
Chuckie, swing by tomorrow, my last rack of pork baby backs are on tomorrow's grill OR the WSM... can not decide yet.
Got cold Beer AND more SEASONED apple wood for ya
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Jim for the invite but we are busy today.
Getting ready for our Florida trip(5 weeks).Hope the flooding stops.
Keep the beer cold and the wood dry,I will contact you when we get back.
Thanks again,
Chuck.

Alright Jim - Take a bow. Nice job on the cook and nice job on the video.
icon_biggrin.gif
Looked like you were competing with a little adverse wind but you handled that well.
icon_wink.gif
Pretty outstanding job there my friend. Thanks for sharing. Bob B
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Thank you all for the kind comments, I do appreciate them!
icon_smile.gif

Chuck, enjoy your vacation and safe travels to you! Don't forget Mangrove Mama's restaurant if you and Jeanette make it down to the Keys. Have a margarita or four for me
icon_biggrin.gif

I love beef ribs. I prefer them on the grill as opposed to the WSM. They are hard to get (good ones if any at all). Rest. Depot has had them around me recently so I just had some last night. I'd post pictures but I don't want to highjack Jim's post

Back