Lemon wood

Dave S

TVWBB Super Fan
I do some landscaping to keep me busy (retired) and get some beer money, and it is tree trimming time here. I have to cut back two big lemon trees but never heard of anyone using lemon wood, I would assume it is no different than orange or grapefruit wood. Anyone have a thought?

Thanks
Dave

Did a quick web search and found an article on smoke woods to use and not use. Lemon was in the use section:

"ORANGE, LEMON and GRAPEFRUIT - Produces a nice mild smoky flavor. Excellent with beef, pork, fish and poultry."

I would use It. Strip the bark if you don't know if the owners sprayed the trees with insecticide.
It's a topical spray, and should only be on the fruit, and bark.

Tim

Interesting, I've tried orange wood but never lemon. The orange wood gave a mild smoke and was quite good. Please let us know if tou try it.

dave. great idea. will pay the shipping/etc if youd consider sending me a bag of extra chips. would love to play with this lemon wood. currently i have 13 different kinds of woods including wood from a coffee tree (south America) my wife found for me. i have plenty and will swap also so neither of us have to re-pay shipping. just an idea.

don't lift the lid...

Back