Larry Wolfe's BEST Recipe (revisited)

I'm an impatient man, but I'm always patient when it comes to PSB because I know it's well worth the wait. One of the first recipes we made when Barb and I joined the forum. Don't need the recipe anymore as I've made it so many times I know it by heart. Never ever gets old.

I have a gorgeous chuck roast in the freezer reserved for this recipe. Some of the best beef sandwiches ever. I add some Gorgonzola cheese to mine and they are amazing.

So the recent thread on shredded beef piqued my interest, now I see this thread has been bumped back to the top. Maybe that means I need to plan on making this. :)

I'm also not a big fan of any kind of bell peppers myself, so I may go with onions and who-knows-what, as recommended earlier in the thread. I also like the idea of serving on mashed potatoes - or even piled on a baked potato, maybe even on top of rice.

Also, the link in the first post is broken, but with a quick search, I think this is it:

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?2848-Pepper-Stout-Beef&highlight=pepper+stout+beef

Jason

Jason, there was a TV chef named "Pasquale" several years ago who had a wonderful motto:
"If you like it, put it in! If you don't like it, don't put it in!"
I always have that running through my head when someone tells me I MUST use (love, have, keep) pretty much anything I have little interest in.
I used to feel forced into using green peppers until my wife and I started keeping company, she simply could not eat green ones, I then read something about the French masters feeling that the green ones were inedible, I have embraced red, yellow and orange peppers with great results! Exercise the "Pasquale" motto as you see fit, I do.
As to the substrate for the shredded beef, mashed potatoes are great, I am also quite fond of noodles which have been cooked in a seasoned "broth" with a sliced onion, some caraway seed and a bit of salt.
Enjoy!

Back