Lack of rehab pickups

Yah, that was probably and easy flip as the internals were all probably still good.

The owner had it stored somewhere and never used it. It was one which still had the three individual vents at the bottom. No sweeper. But I have no use for it. I just wanted the handles. 😂
I'm going to pickup an old on the go portable grill in a couple hours. It's got three of the wooden handles still in good shape. I'm getting it for super cheap. I plan on doing what you did. Buy it, swap out the handles for plastic ones, then just sell it for what I paid for it.

I'm going to pickup an old on the go portable grill in a couple hours. It's got three of the wooden handles still in good shape. I'm getting it for super cheap. I plan on doing what you did. Buy it, swap out the handles for plastic ones, then just sell it for what I paid for it.

Kyle,
If those handles aren't worn out that is a great way to pick up three classic wood handles at little or no cost!

Hey guys, give me your thoughts on this one. It's not gas assist, but had a cool Cypress replacement table. $50 is a nice price. He sent pictures and no bad rust on lid or bowl.

Literally on the way to get it. Any reason to think I couldn't flip this one?

For keeper or re-sell? It could be a decent keeper, but I don't think you can hope to make any real profit on it.

Well, with my tax season still going on - apparently now lasting until July 15 :rolleyes: - while also trying to embrace the idea of moving, now is not the time to buy anything else. But, wow...I have passed on an almost new 3-burner Spirit II with a nice cover for only $100 (SOLD in a day), a $30 decent looking green SS Performer with the hard to find 5lb tank, and some other pretty sweet deals! This is really hard.

My limited scanning of where we are moving to shows that there is a lot less available there. I had hoped that being in the Midwest would open up more Weber stuff. Pretty much it looks like you need to get close to Chicago (too far) to really find cool stuff. Oh well, we will see how it all works out.

If things go much further south it may become a buyers market for used grills. Only problem will be then that few will want to buy them after they are refurbished:oops:. Let's hope and pray it doesn't get that bad or stay down for a protracted time. Stay safe everyone.

Well, with my tax season still going on - apparently now lasting until July 15 :rolleyes: - while also trying to embrace the idea of moving, now is not the time to buy anything else. But, wow...I have passed on an almost new 3-burner Spirit II with a nice cover for only $100 (SOLD in a day), a $30 decent looking green SS Performer with the hard to find 5lb tank, and some other pretty sweet deals! This is really hard.

My limited scanning of where we are moving to shows that there is a lot less available there. I had hoped that being in the Midwest would open up more Weber stuff. Pretty much it looks like you need to get close to Chicago (too far) to really find cool stuff. Oh well, we will see how it all works out.

If things go much further south it may become a buyers market for used grills. Only problem will be then that few will want to buy them after they are refurbished:oops:. Let's hope and pray it doesn't get that bad or stay down for a protracted time. Stay safe everyone.
The $30 green Performer would have been hard to pass up. Those SS ones are so easy to rehab into like new condition, assuming bowl and lid in decent shape

For keeper or re-sell? It could be a decent keeper, but I don't think you can hope to make any real profit on it.
I ended up grabbing this one. With a little elbow grease, few new SS bolts, and painting the frame I think I could make a little money. Will probably make a package deal with it and include that free chimney and some charcoal I got from previous deal.
The cedar table is actually pretty cool looking, but it lacks a Weber badge, so I’ll try to find a spot to add one of those

Still not seeing anything in my area. I haven't picked up even one rehab candidate grill yet this spring. This should be prime time for my area but I just don't think people are out buying grills due to COVID-19, so there is little reason to replace the old clunker right now. I have a couple Genesis 1000's I can get started on and some pet projects to work on, but I like my Silver B's and C's early in the year because they are usually quicker and easier to rehab than the older 1000's. But, since the "GRILLING SEASON" is on hold like everything else this year, I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot.
I suppose some people are not in a hurry to have people coming over to look at their old grills.

I scan every day or so and there's very little for sale in SoCal from San Diego to Palm Springs to Santa Barbara as compared to last year when I first started looking for gassers. Perhaps the Q's will be big this summer since there will be no entertaining going on. My wife and I were talking about that last night. I think this is the longest stretch we've ever had without having company over.

Jon, I think you're correct. I found a nice green non-assist performer for $40, five minuets away. I want to convert my gas kettle back to charcoal and sell it and move the gas kit into the performer. I called and the guy said he had just taken the ad down, he didn't want any contact with the COVID-19 going on.
I gave him my number and told him I would take it and to give me a call when he was ready to sell it. We shall see if that happens.

While I'm not seeing very many good deals I am seeing a good number of grills posted. There is a 1 year old very clean Grey Genesis II E-315 for sale near me for $290, not bad.

Maybe the people in your area are just being extra cautious with this virus.

Jon, I think you're correct. I found a nice green non-assist performer for $40, five minuets away. I want to convert my gas kettle back to charcoal and sell it and move the gas kit into the performer. I called and the guy said he had just taken the ad down, he didn't want any contact with the COVID-19 going on.
I gave him my number and told him I would take it and to give me a call when he was ready to sell it. We shall see if that happens.
Maybe you could just have him set it outside and the pay him with Venmo or PayPal if he has an account.

About now in New England, people emerge from hibernation and begin to assess what survived the winter and what needs to be replaced. It was a mild winter so no ice damaged lids or grills blown off the decks. Time will tell whether the rusty and rotted grills get replaced.

Some people are still going to move based on contracts and the spring is the busiest time so there should be a few "moving must sell my condo doesn't allow grills". And the grill is usually doesn't make the cut for the long distance moving van.

Graduation parties for the spring seem a little iffy right now. That usually drives a backyard spruce up. Either sales of rehabbed grills or out with the old grill. Hopefully the summer holidays will be OK.

Scrap prices have collapsed and the town drop off centers might be slow to open so maybe some "Free on the Curb" action.

I usually deal with older folks and they are a little nervous about going outside right now.

Yah, I am also seeing a decent number of $150 and up grills, but not rehab candidates. It doesn't seem like those higher priced grills are moving either. I just don't think anyone is buying grills, new or used right now. At least not in my area.

Plenty of folks are buying here. Everything that hits the market at any kind of reasonable
price is gone FAST. I sold 23 this month and depleted about 70% of my inventory. Only
2 pces of that are ready to sell and a guy is coming to pick up one of them tomorrow.
Even the Q's are back in fashion. I sold my first one of the year last week and 3 more since
then. Very tough to get anything bought right now though. VERY TOUGH. Do your thing Bruce.
Get'em ready, and they will sell.

I am still dealing with temps that are lucky to hit the 50's which is not conducive to grill cleaning and rehabbing. But, I do have a few Q's in stock.

I don't even do 23 a year......sheeeeesh!!!!!!!!!

Back