Lack of rehab pickups

Ran across same issue on fb cant do anything with marketplace unless they allow u to. Missed some nice grills. Fb support is almost non existent to help.

Yeah I have had them ban a couple of my ads for no apparent reason. And there is nobody you can get ahold of to understand why they banned it

Looks like the Amazon rumor was not entirely true. I ordered a can of VHT Monday and
it will be here today. I also ordered flavorizers and heat deflectors for an S-330 last night
and they are scheduled for Sunday delivery. Slower than normal, but at least they are
still available.
Lots of rain and cold in the 5 day forecast, but warmer and some sun in the 10 day. I expect
some of the folks that are staying home will start cleaning out some garages soon. I would also
expect them to start getting really bored soon.

I also wondered if being cooped up at home might provoke some people to clean out their "junk" and make for some buying opportunities. At a social distance, of course!😟

Let's hope so guys. And I have ordered three or four (non-essential) items from Amazon over the last few days and no problems with any order. I got one item this morning and the last one is scheduled to be here Saturday. Like Dave said, it looks like shipping is taking a little longer on some items than 1-2 days. But, I ordered something for my wife on Monday and got it the next day.

Yeah I have had them ban a couple of my ads for no apparent reason. And there is nobody you can get ahold of to understand why they banned it

I had that happen on Letgo. They will strike out anything where you refer to China, Chinese-made, etc. along with anything that they think is any possible way remotely politically incorrect. I am not at all in favor of allowing racial slurs, but I think it is fair to compare made in USA vs. made in China for a potential buyer to be aware and make their own judgments.

The thing with FB, I think anyone can "report" your post and it instantly gets suspended until it is reviewed....however long that takes. You have no way of knowing why it was suspended or what the status of the review is. I have even had my account suspended like yours for several days at a time and again, no reason given other than "possible violation of rules". That being said, I haven't had any issues for quite a while. But if you piss someone off, they can just keep tagging your posts and there isn't a lot you can do about it.

they can just keep tagging your posts and there isn't a lot you can do about it.

Whoa, not cool. Knocking on wood that never happens.
The only occasional problem I have occasionally, is posting something
that no one else can see. It will be up for a day, or whatever, then I look
and it has no views. I immediately delete, repost, and everything works
fine then.

Yah, Jon, you will get invites and suggestions and all kinds of crap. Don't go down those rabbit holes and keep all your personal info as bland as possible. Just use it for FB MP and Buy Sell Groups and maybe a couple other special interest groups like the Weber ones.
Honestly, if Jon is doing that, then that's likely why his account was flagged as Spam. If he accepted friend requests and started commenting, liking posts/photos, etc... then the FB algorithem would probably think he was an actual person and not a bot.

Whoa, not cool. Knocking on wood that never happens.
The only occasional problem I have occasionally, is posting something
that no one else can see. It will be up for a day, or whatever, then I look
and it has no views. I immediately delete, repost, and everything works
fine then.

That happened to me just the other day when I tried to sell my old Performer....I just left it because I wasn't motivated to actually sell it. 4-5 days went by and it seems that issue corrected itself and I started getting views and messages about it.

Honestly, if Jon is doing that, then that's likely why his account was flagged as Spam. If he accepted friend requests and started commenting, liking posts/photos, etc... then the FB algorithem would probably think he was an actual person and not a bot.

I do make posts and send messages on the grill groups and do "likes." Maybe that helped me get "accepted" as you are saying. I enjoy talking with real friends but I don't enjoy the whole Facebook thing. That is why I resisted it all these years and only conceded in order to have all the grill ads, posts, etc. stop bothering Faith. She is much happier to have had that tail off!

I picked up a nice premium kettle on FB from some lady this morning for $30. Came with a chimney and a bag of Kingsford.
Took it home, cleaned it up. Sold it a couple hours later for $50, and kept the chimney and charcoal 🍻

Sold it to a guy that said he already had a Performer and two kettles but always ran out of room when cooking 🤯
Must have lots of friends. I probably could have gotten more, but wanted to flip it quick.

My wife is actually enjoying how I'm making a little money doing this. 😎

IMG-0163.jpg

As Staples says: "That was easy!" Nice pick-up :coolkettle: . Whoever sold it must not have understood that this was the nicer model worth considerably more than the base version without the removable pan and thermometer. Plus, it was not abused like some that you find.

I picked up a nice premium kettle on FB from some lady this morning for $30. Came with a chimney and a bag of Kingsford.
Took it home, cleaned it up. Sold it a couple hours later for $50, and kept the chimney and charcoal 🍻

Sold it to a guy that said he already had a Performer and two kettles but always ran out of room when cooking 🤯
Must have lots of friends. I probably could have gotten more, but wanted to flip it quick.

My wife is actually enjoying how I'm making a little money doing this. 😎

View attachment 1455

Nice flip. Few days I bought a brand new never used 22“ from 1996. Came with a brand new cover. And in the bundle the seller also included a slighty used Jumbo Joe. Paid $60. I kept the new wooden handles of the 22“ and replaced them with plastic handles I had lying around. Sold the 22“ for $75. I still need to clean and sell the Jumbo Joe.

Nice flip. Few days I bought a brand new never used 22“ from 1996. Came with a brand new cover. And in the bundle the seller also included a slighty used Jumbo Joe. Paid $60. I kept the new wooden handles of the 22“ and replaced them with plastic handles I had lying around. Sold the 22“ for $75. I still need to clean and sell the Jumbo Joe.
Wow, that's awesome! Brand new one from 1996 would have been interesting to play with

Wow, that's awesome! Brand new one from 1996 would have been interesting to play with
The owner had it stored somewhere and never used it. It was one which still had the three individual vents at the bottom. No sweeper. But I have no use for it. I just wanted the handles. 😂

The old three hole kettles are harder to clean, but have a cult following among kettle fans. Many feel they regulate air flow better.

Back