My local King Kullen had choice London Broil on sale for $1.99 lb., just had to get some. On Saturday I bought (3) about 6 lbs. total, cut it up, put it in the marinade until Monday morning. Put it on the Smokefire, used Smoke Boost, for 3 1/2 hours. Got a lot of compliments from my family
- This was enough for 6 lbs. of meat
- I mixed all of the ingredients together and let sit for (6) hours before I added the meat
- Everything went into a 2 1/2-gallon zip lock bag when ready
- Meat was left in the marinade for 48 hours
- 1/2 cup of light soy sauce
- 1 cup of sweet baby ray's teriyaki BBQ sauce
- 1 cup G. Hugh's sugar free steak marinade
- (4) TBSP's Worcestershire sauce
- (1) TBSP fresh ground black pepper
- (1) TBSP of garlic powder
- (1) TBSP of onion powder
- 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar
- (8) TBSP of A-1 steak sauce
I placed everything on (4) wire racks, from the picture you can that they were full. Not sure you could do any more than (6) lbs. at a time. The (4) racks fill the SF, (2) on the top shelf, (2) on the bottom. Be careful to leave room at the sides on the top shelf or the lid hinge will hit the wire racks!!
I set the SF at 225 and let it warm up for 15 minutes, then switched to smokeboost and put the meat on the smoker. I used a mix of cherry and hickory pellets.
I let it run for an hour then rotated the racks in the smoker clockwise to get a more even cook. At (1) hour 45 minutes I flipped all of the meat over so both sides were done consistent.
At (2) hours 15 minutes some of the smaller / thinner pieces were done so I took those off the smoker. I checked every 15 minutes after that and took off anything that was ready. The last of it came off at 3 1/2 hours.
Sam Adams Summer Ale was my choice of beer for the afternoon!!