Kingsford Professional on sale again at Costco

+.51cents/lb, not exactly a bargain, but the brand has an almost cult like following on this forum....
It's a good price for this charcoal, and for the price it compares favorable with other wood char + binder briquettes. B&B Competition Oak briquets are about 91 cents/lb, Jealous Devil Max XL briquettes are about 95 cents/lb.

As for cult-like following, I don't know if I agree with that. Kingsford is the #1 best selling charcoal in America, so it's not a surprise that many folks on this forum use it, like it, and especially long for the days when you could buy it for just 25 cents/lb. :confused: :kingsford:

It's a good price for this charcoal, and for the price it compares favorable with other wood char + binder briquettes. B&B Competition Oak briquets are about 91 cents/lb, Jealous Devil Max XL briquettes are about 95 cents/lb.

As for cult-like following, I don't know if I agree with that. Kingsford is the #1 best selling charcoal in America, so it's not a surprise that many folks on this forum use it, like it, and especially long for the days when you could buy it for just 25 cents/lb. :confused: :kingsford:
And it works good too.

not seeing it at that price in New Berlin Wisconsin :(
and i'm two bags close to being broke.

...and the closest business center is in (chicago).

Last edited:
I did not mean to offend anyone when referencing Costco to a cult, however I was merely trying to make a point that people are very loyal to specific brands, in this case KP. There are several articles online that use a similar reference as I did when talking about specific items available at Costco, i.e., Rotisserie Chicken, Pizza & hot dogs from the food court, etc.

not seeing it at that price in New Berlin Wisconsin :(
and i'm two bags close to being broke.

...and the closest business center is in (chicago).
Hmm, that's interesting. I shop both my local Costco and the Costco Business Center and deals at one always seem to be the same at the other. Maybe it's a supply issue in WI?

Just went by the Richmond CA Costco hoping to grab some (7/20). Sale wasn’t going on there. It was a sad little display way in the back.

They were pushing black stone griddles and Weber genesis ii in front at the entrance.

IMG_9130.jpeg

OK, maybe it's just a business center deal. If so, that's a new learning for me because they have always been coordinated in the past.

I have just about finally exhausted the K Pro stash I got as an end of season close out at Costco three years ago.

36 pounds of K Pro for $9.97. 28 cents per pound!

Brought two 30lb B&B char-logs for 22 bucks a bag.
And I’m gonna start a new Cult.
Follow cuz it’s gonna be inspiring!

IMG_6550.jpeg

We stopped by Costco today when my GF got done working to pick up a couple of things and was going to pick up some Kpro if on sale. Full price, did not buy any.

Back