Kielbasa stuffed pork loin

Mikey K

Has anyone ever tried this? I'm thinking about trying this weekend and am looking for tips or any helpful hints.

Mike,

I make sausage stuffed loins routinely. It is one of my family's favorite meals. I haven't used Kielbasa but it should work the same way. I made the last one on the rotisserie in my Weber kettle. I posted the recipe in the pork recipies forum. It is linked below.

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?35681-Sausage-Stuffed-Pork-Loin-on-the-Rotisserie

Of the variations I have made, my family enjoys Boudin stuffed the best but I have also used Andoulle, Alligator, Deer, and Green Onion sausage as well...

Regards,

John

A tip: Instead of using a knife to make a channel for the sausage, try using your (clean) sharpening steel. It works especially well with pork tenderloin.

Rita

Depending on the garlic "strength" of the sausage, I would use very little or mild rub on the pork itself. The sausage should flavour it quite nicely.

Another thought if you want to add something else would be to butterfly the loin. Then slice the kielbasa into coins and layer that onto the loin. Add a layer of sauerkraut and then roll the loin back up, tie it, and cook.

Thanks guys, I actually tried it in a comp and took home a 10th place ribbon! Butterflied it, put in the sausage, tied it up, wrapped it in bacon, smoked it for about two hours till it got to temp and my brother in law made a blueberry sauce that we put on top. Turned out great thanks guys!

That is a great idea and I will be trying it soon. Are people using a pork loin or tenderloin (looked like Mixon used a tenderloin). I have never cooked a pork loin, is it as good?

Great idea using the sharpening steel and frozen sausage!

I had a problem widening the hole without breaking through the side and came up with a solution. After the steel poked through the end of the tenderloin , I scrunched up the loin on the steel and pushed it back through using an aluminum tube from a baster. The tapered end of the baster nested over the end of the steel and followed it back through the loin and enlarged the hole while staying centered. The frozen sausage was then used to push the baster tube on through.

Not willing to leave well enough alone, I then wrapped the loin in a bacon weave. :)

Back