KFC Rub Bird on the 26 OTG

John Sp

TVWBB All-Star
Hello All,

Earlier in the week I ran across an article claiming to provide the KFC secret herbs and spices recipe for their fried chicken. I have no idea if the recipe is authentic but as I looked it over, I thought it would make a pretty good rub for grilled bird. I decided to whip up some KFC Rub and give it a try. Below are a few pics of the process:

Rub Mixture (Paprika, White Pepper, Black Pepper, Salt, Garlic Salt, Thyme, Oregano, Dry Mustard, Ground Ginger, Celery Salt, and Basil)

Rubbed the Bird Liberally and Parked it in the Fridge for Three Hours

Bird on the 26 OTG Indirect Running at 475 for 15 Minutes and Then Damped Down to 375

Corn Joining the Party After about 40 Minutes - Direct

Pulled the Bird (Bird IT of 165) and Corn and Added some Summer Squash (sprinkled with the KFC Rub) - Direct - Low Fire by Now

Plated

This is a Picture of A Flowering Vine Kari Planted on Our Pergola

Well the family enjoyed the KFC Rub bird very much. The jury is out on the authenticity of the recipe but it does make a pretty good BBQ Rub. It has a good flavor and compliments chicken well (maybe the ol' Colonel's wife did have a few tricks up her sleeve). Next time around I will let it marinate longer (maybe overnight?). Anyway I will definitely cook this again. Thanks for looking everyone...

Regards,

John

Great looking chicken John. Interesting read on that rub. Might give that a try myself. Like how you grilled that yellow squash too.

Back