"Kettle Snake" attachment

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru

This popped up as I was scrolling through Instagram. Pretty interesting looking. Snake with charcoal seems easy enough, but this looks like a nice way to snake with lump charcoal. Not sure if someone in the US sells this.

Screenshot_20201112-145214(1).pngScreenshot_20201112-145221(1).pngScreenshot_20201112-145226(1).pngScreenshot_20201112-145231(1).pngScreenshot_20201112-145235(1).pngScreenshot_20201112-145239(1).png

Last edited:
<scratches head> Shouldn't be too difficult for mass manufacture, a 1 or 2 strike punch and a 1 strike fold.

Could I make something like that? Maybe..... have a pile of wedge-shaped coupons sheared, drill vents, and fold in a press brake (wouldn't even have to be 90 degrees. Pop-rivet the pieces together with some strip material. Way more than $60, and I've already got most of the tooling. Even at $60, they're going to have to sell quite a few just to cover the tooling.

But it is an interesting idea.

It doesn't say if it's SS, sorta looks like it, but also says you have to season it to remove protective oil, so ??
Edit:
Never mind I sorta could read the directions in the pics.
Just a mild steel that needs seasoning.

Am I the only one that thinks that it lacks capacity needed for a long burn?

When I bank coals, I place a number of old 4"x6" sections of old cut up SS grates against the porcelain and place a SS ring on inside to hold the coals in place. Makes for a long snake if needed.

Great idea but agree a bit pricey. Will stick with my ss Napoleon baskets that hold more than originals.

Yet another gewgaw for people who've been conditioned to think that it's impossible to grill or smoke without using a multitude of devices. ;)

Last edited:
I spotted this one a few months ago. I'm sure there are others.

https://tvwbb.com/threads/bbq-it-all-a-snake-method-accessory.79952/#post-881257

https://bbqitall.com

I suppose if one is trying to make their kettle be their one-and-only do-it-all cooker, this might be useful. Most of us around here have severe cases of Weberitis, so I don't really see the utility for someone who can just fire up their smoker.

On the other hand, we are also gadget freaks so somebody buy one of these and report back with your findings!

A perfectly good reason not to visit Instagram. I am not a social media follower I just think it is a waste of time. I treid Facebook market place and was not impressed , I used to be on LinkedIn for bussiness but that is not relative any longer either.
I like my freinds face to face i use this site for info, as it can get good ideas and discussions.
On receipes rebuilds,and new equipment.

A perfectly good reason not to visit Instagram. I am not a social media follower I just think it is a waste of time. I treid Facebook market place and was not impressed , I used to be on LinkedIn for bussiness but that is not relative any longer either.
I like my freinds face to face i use this site for info, as it can get good ideas and discussions.
On receipes rebuilds,and new equipment.
I buy/sell 95% of my grills on Facebook Marketplace. Best place to find good deals.

Back