Just wanted to brag a little

Actually, I will be cooking on this, but it is destined for rehabbing and flipping. I am not a coal burning kind of guy. Mostly because I am lazy and prefer the ease and convenience of gas. But, I have told myself that I would have to cook on it at least once before I start the rehab process so I can say have cooked on a Summit coal burner.

Actually, I will be cooking on this, but it is destined for rehabbing and flipping. I am not a coal burning kind of guy. Mostly because I am lazy and prefer the ease and convenience of gas. But, I have told myself that I would have to cook on it at least once before I start the rehab process so I can say have cooked on a Summit coal burner.
Yeah, I was a gasser too, until recently, but omg the food on charcoal? In-direct grilling? Anyways, don’t get me started. Congrats again and good luck with the flip!

You are misguided. You can get hot coals in 10 mins and cook in 10 thereafter. I came from the dark side of gas and won’t go back. Join us. If even for a few cooks. You too can change your religion.

Wow, Bruce. That's got to be one of the all-time greatest cheap finds I've ever heard of...Weber's top of the line charcoal grill for only $100 bucks! What's the story...chased out of town by the authorities, gotta dump this grill? Or is it abused and needs a lot of refurb?

Yeah, I was a gasser too, until recently
Summit Kamado S6 still has gas assist in the US version.

81NUzEzBEAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Bruce,
I have never been jealous of anyone on this site and I think you are always amazing to others here, and I am glad for you, and I know it wasn't luck because you watch the sites, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, and I know you will treat it right, and rehab it right, but even with all that being said I also have to say...I am a little jealous.
Great great fine, congratulations!

That's the deal of the year. Cheapest I've seen was $600 and it was gone in minutes.

Also, who sells an $1800 grill for $100? 😲

I like those older models better than the newer models, the solid half shelf on the bottom looks nicer to me.

+1 to what Michael said.

My 2 cents is you should cook a few things on it.

Might I suggest a pork loin with garlic and cilantro?

It was fantastic on my BGE and I'm not sure I could cook it as well on any of my others.

Nice find!!!

I remember when these were first released. I posted a tongue in cheek comment on a fb kettle page, that I would wait until I found a used one on CL for $100.
Some wise guy got all wound up and went on a 4 paragraph diatribe calling me an idiot among many other things and saying a Summit would NEVER sell for $100. Wish I could send him this link. :)

Congratulations Bruce! Send pictures of the first thick ribeye and other choice meats you decide to cook on it.

Back