Just picked up a couple Redhead grills

If I recall right ---- GMG smokers are one of the few (maybe only) ones that run the electronics on 12V rather than 120 ---- the upside of that is that they can regulate the fan speed along with the auger feed for temp control --- leading to a better smoke 'profile' where there is some 'dirty smoke' instead of a 'full combustion' fire.

If its an easy fix --- thats a good deal. I recall most of the 'Daniel Boones' I've seen seem to have kinda rickety legs, but that one looks more stout.... maybe the table is hiding some of it.

If I recall right ---- GMG smokers are one of the few (maybe only) ones that run the electronics on 12V rather than 120 ---- the upside of that is that they can regulate the fan speed along with the auger feed for temp control --- leading to a better smoke 'profile' where there is some 'dirty smoke' instead of a 'full combustion' fire.

If its an easy fix --- thats a good deal. I recall most of the 'Daniel Boones' I've seen seem to have kinda rickety legs, but that one looks more stout.... maybe the table is hiding some of it.
I think someone's probably already going to get it but just in case I threw $100 bid at it. My brother-in-law definitely wants a GMG. My other brother-in-law has 2 of them and my wife's family loves them.

I was going to say you should grab this one too while you are over there....... but I just contacted to see if I can snag it.
I'll have to think hard about the WSM if I go to pick this one up......

1719108543107.png

Yeah, have to admit that 's a nice clean WSM for $40. Too bad you missed a shot at that Green Mountain. They tend to have a pretty good following, and seem to be pretty well made units

When I get back to Washington I want to start my Genesis 1000 build. These are the 3 I have so far to work with. 20240622_112537~2.jpg
So I'm trying to think of any parts that I might need to source. I want to add a right side flip up table and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy this clip for it? So that it sits flush in the down position to match my left side slide. of course as I've mentioned I want to source a green lid for this build also but I'll just have to be patient for one to come up in my area. So far closest one is two and a half hour drive one way. no problem though I can change the lid out anytime. So if any of you know where I can buy this clip or a couple of them it would be very much appreciated? I can't think of anything else that I'm going to need at this point. Between the three that I have and leftover parts from another. Should be pretty good. if you can think of anything I might be overlooking please let me know.20240620_104447~2.jpg

Josh, like most things for these grills you can't buy those clips anymore. You are better off using the RH side sliding mechanism from a Genesis 2000-5000 grill. You may already that in your possession.

Back