Just Chicken (vol 12,329)

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I can't help it, it's just classic! I've posted this one a few times before.......marinated in the "chicken marinade" in the recipe booklet that came with my very first Mastertouch kettle (1/2C soy sauce, 1/4C olive oil, 1/4C balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano and pepper to taste.) Cooked it on my pellet burner @ 375F for about 37 minutes until my thighs had all made it past 170/175F. Basted with the marinade (boiled for safety) every 10 minutes. Plated up with some roasted zucchini, and a Hendrick's martini (extra, extra, extra, extra dry) on the side. That's pretty good mid-week livin'!

1636512213015.jpeg

R

looks awesome Rich - how long did you marinate?
I still use that recipe! It is time tested. I usually marinate overnight.
I marinated for about four hours or so (only decided on chicken this am, so let it defrost on the counter for a few hours before dunking in the marinade.) I agree with John, overnight is even better, but, hey, it was weeknight (work at home) chicken! :) I have found that basting with the leftover marinade (again, boiled for safety) really helps to get some extra flavor on the chicken.

R

Back