Jealous devil charcoal review

Brian_D

TVWBB Pro
Stumbled onto this very unscientific review of Jealous devil charcoal vs Kingsford:

About halfway down, there's a link for B&B charcoal review:

And a damning review on Royal oak:

Interesting.

Over the past year, I've made the switch to B&B Oak. The primary reason is I enjoy the aroma when they're burning. Its gotta produce better barbecue.

One of the first times I used B&B, my neighbor stuck his head over the fence. He was wondering what the smell was and thought something was burning. It was that different from the Kingsford I'd used for years. He could not place the aroma.

After seeing the large size of JD, and the fact it comes in a plastic bag, is it possible we've found the maker of Weber briquettes?
Most reviews I've seen of JD briqs haven't been very good though.

Oh well...
Still an RO dedicated user.
The brown bag version, of course (which that reviewer did not review....) ;)

I've bought a bag of JD briqs. They are bigger than Weber. They burn nice and hot. The problem is they don't hold together that well. They'll fall apart pouring them out of the Chimney. For a hot and fast steak sear they are great.

Stumbled onto this very unscientific review of Jealous devil charcoal vs Kingsford:

About halfway down, there's a link for B&B charcoal review:

And a damning review on Royal oak:

Thanks for posting this. I’m picking up a few bags of B&B Oak at my local ACE Saturday. What’s not to like about a charcoal that burns hotter or longer, produces less white smoke, and produces a lot less ash?

Back