Jalapeno Cheese Sausage

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I watched a Chud BBQ video where he made Jalapeno Cheese sausage and had to try it.

tjPhplnh.jpg

Meat and Fat cubes. I changed his recipe a bit and went with more beef than pork and added some brisket fat.

kwcP4SPh.jpg

Seasoned meat.

NnftU9dh.jpg

Here's my worksheet. I changed his grams to percentages.

x2pMf5Ah.jpg

High temp cheese and jalapeno mixed in.

9mcZ8bmh.jpg

Linked sausage.

CBQ0Xi5h.jpg

TBS on the smoke stack.

TpMumlIh.jpg

Pit up to temp

JLllSkch.jpg

Sausage on the left is mine. I had a few random other sausages from the butcher. Mine were way better.

Sorry I didn't get a pic of the sliced sausage.

Looks fantastic, Dustin! High heat cheese? That combo is one of my favorites to make (and, of course, eat.) :)

Need to get the grinder and stuffer out, but I think I've still got a decent sausage stash in the freezer!

R

Yeah I decided to try out the high temp cheese and it worked perfectly. Lately I had been trying to cook sausages at 150 and gradually increasing to 180, but this sausage did awesome at 250 to 275 and tastes way better that way. You don't get the snap with the casings but I find I don't really care. What some people interpret as "snap" I seem to interpret as "tough." If anything I might add more cheese to this recipe, but I'm a fiend for cheese. This amount is what the cheese manufacturer recommends.

Back