It's raining Skylines!

My secret weapon for all things disgusting...Dawn Power Dissolver. I love this stuff and buy it by the case. Not sure what's in it but it's the best hands-down cleaner I've ever used, and I've tried a lot.

VFR81CZ.jpg

Jeff

Dawn Power Dissolver?

Never heard of it. Is it hard to come by?

It did a great job by the way!

Yah, I want more info as well. I just started my next rehab and found a large darker area on one of the drop down Thermoset tables that isn't coming out.

Dawn Power Dissolver?

Never heard of it. Is it hard to come by?

It did a great job by the way!

Yah, I want more info as well. I just started my next rehab and found a large darker area on one of the drop down Thermoset tables that isn't coming out.

I have been using Dawn Power Dissolver for years as it's the best grease/crud remover I have tried. It originally came in a blue 12.8 oz bottle and sold for $2.99 at WalMart as well as some Ace Hardware stores. This stuff works unbelievable, spray it on, wait 15 minutes, and all grease is gone. I used it on burn on food pans and on my Weber 700 for the grates. Also works great for clothing stains, just pre-treat and put in the Washer.

In March 2014 Dawn decided to discontinue it which in turn sent prices (that's when you could find it), through the roof. I remember e-bay sellers were asking (and getting) $30.00 a bottle!
Dawn re-released it as Dawn Grill Cleaner, same stuff, same bottle, just a new name and a much higher price too. Then they took that off the market-what was Proctor and Gamble thinking?!

A couple of years ago Dawn re-released it under their P&G Professional line this time in a white 32 oz bottle.It is still in their product line but not highly touted for some reason. I buy a 6-pack case at a time for fear that P&G will pull it off the market again someday. It's not cheap at over $18 a bottle but it's worth it.
I buy from a couple different vendors and as of late Amazon has it for $52 for case of 6 so for less than $9 bucks a bottle it's a bargain for what it does.

Some say that the older blue bottle works better but I still have a case of that as well and I notice no difference between them in cleaning power. They both work fantastic.

M3RoYXx.jpg

Jeff

Damn, I dont want to pay that kind of money, but I have a Silver B that has dark stains on all three tables and my usual methods haven't worked.

I wonder what is in that stuff that makes it so effective? And why is it so expensive now?

Yah, that is like diet pie. It still has cherries, but without the sugar, it just aint the same.

Meguiar's professional line may have an equivalent. I have a concentrate called All Purpose Cleaner, but it was discontinued due to VOC regulations. Meguiar's has a newer replacement, but I haven't tried it yet.

I have a gallon of that stuff bought it a year or so ago did not know they got rid of it. I use it for my leather interior dilute it spray it on scrub it with a brush and the results are amazing my car has a beige interior I found it from googling leather cleaner/detailing, there were a number of detailer's who used it to bad I did not have one of those tables I would give it a try for you guys to see how it works.

I have a gallon of that stuff bought it a year or so ago did not know they got rid of it. I use it for my leather interior dilute it spray it on scrub it with a brush and the results are amazing my car has a beige interior I found it from googling leather cleaner/detailing, there were a number of detailer's who used it to bad I did not have one of those tables I would give it a try for you guys to see how it works.

My wife really likes it.

I hope I can find another gallon of it.

Rusty & Bruce,
Can you get me the part # off of your older Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner bottle? Sometimes my warehouse at work have old stock lying around.

I know the newer part # is D10101

Jeff

Rusty & Bruce,
Can you get me the part # off of your older Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner bottle? Sometimes my warehouse at work have old stock lying around.

Jeff

I beg your pardon, but I have Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner Plus and the part number is D-1201.

I haven't seen any online yet, but there may be some old stock lying around at some mom & pop paint & body shop stores. I'll pots a photo of the label ASAP.

Rusty & Bruce,

Jeff

On mine maybe it is the newer stuff which works great, there are 2 numbers in a large block it says D101, underneath it says D10101. I bought it from Amazon I believe.

Rusty/Brian,
Checked all my Warehouses across the Country, no luck on the older D-1201 APC.

Plenty of D-10101 though.

Jeff

Chris this link goes to **** if you clock it. Original poster check what you've posted

Why was this post censored? I was not the one that accidentally posted a **** link.

Oh well I guess you cannot put the word P&*n on here. Not sure why. How can you warn someone they posted a link that takes you to a bad web site?

Last edited:
I think the web site is probably set up to automatically bleep certain words, regardless of the context they are being used.

I just thought it would be helpful to the person that posted that his link took me straight to a you know what site is all

I hear you. It takes me to a Facebook Marketplace add for a 2 burner skyline though.

I just thought it would be helpful to the person that posted that his link took me straight to a you know what site is all

I don't know why it did that, was trying to post a screen shot of the grill and hosted on Flickr, when I clicked on it, it did bring the picture up on my end, I just figured by your post someone was screwing with it???

Back