It's alive - wsm 22.5 aka big worm

Ernest

TVWBB Fan
After a few cooks on the WSM I had to move on up.
UPS left me a note talking about we missed you, we'll try to deliver again tomorrow. I said no you won't.
Took the note and hunted down the UPS truck in my neighborhood. Found him a few streets down I said "what can BROWN do for me?" He can give me my damn BOX!!

I was in a hurry, look at the handle.....LOL!!

Last edited:
Congratulations! It must be the day for WSM's and the UPS man. I just finished assembling mine too. But my handle is on correctly. :cool:

No, I was on top of things this morning. Actually, my German Shepherd was. But I can say I have done the hunt a time or two waiting for gun parts. It feels good when you round the corner and spot that big brown beast.

Now Im waiting for Fed-Ex with my Cajun Bandit door.

Guess it depends on the shipper?
I've never had to be home to accept a delivery from UPS, they just put the item on our porch.

Funny, our lab starts barking the minute she hears that brown truck come into our neighborhood, it's the only vehicle she barks at.

Last edited:
Guess it depends on the shipper?
I've never had to be home to accept a delivery from UPS, they just put the item on our porch.

Funny, out lab starts barking the minute she hears that brown truck come into our neighborhood, it's the only vehicle she barks at.

Yeah, this was the first time that Amazon requested a signature. Might be because of the size of the box?

Wanted to do a hot dry run just to burn off the manufacturers hibby jibbies. Used my WSM 14.5 charcoal ring since it was late in the day.
Then I thought why waste the charcoal, let's do a few wings, no water pan. Big worm jumped to 375 in no time flat.

wings were done in 45 minutes, I foiled the water pan with ceramic briguettes in it just to test the temp. Big worm dropped to 250 and stayed there from 4:45 PM to 8:30 PM, that's when I decided to shut him down.

Here's the thing, I had all the vents wide open the whole time Big worm was running at 250. I'm guessing it 's because of the tiny charcoal ring?

Picture of charcoal after 4 hours and 30 minutes.

Foiling that water pan is going to cost a penny. That thing is humongous!! It is the same diameter as the PBC.

Back