Its a Fire Pit

Well in CA, we have lots of "no burn" days where you can be fined for using wood burning fireplaces and outdoor fire pits UNLESS you are using it to cook food. So it just makes perfect sense to cook on it to avoid any fines. I'm sure she will follow your logic since you seem like a pretty smooth talker.

I've been eyeing that at the local HD for a while. Great price. I like the hanging/adjustable rack & also the whole thing is BIG!
Since I'm a WSM & Kettle kind of person.... was wondering about vents in the pan - didn't see any. I'm not familiar with this type of cooker, so would that be a consideration?
At any rate, I'm sure you will master that thing & look forward to posts regards cooking on it.

Just start cookin' on it John & all will be forgiven!!
You might need to figure out a way to motorize that spit, though...

Last edited:
Most definitely a fire pit!

LooksGood.jpg

@John Solak

John - I've been eyeing that thing also, but read a few reviews that state that if you have a few logs in, and put the grate on, it immediately buckles. Let me know how your experience goes.

Thanks!!

Would like an update on this "fire Pit" as well. I have seen it at Home Depot as well and the materials seem of decent quality but I'm wondering how it holds up after use. The price is great for something that can dual function as a fire pit and cooker.

The grate is tack welded in the middle so there is not much room for expansion when it heated up so the grate is bowed a little bit, I'm not worried about it and should last for a while. I have cooked on it only twice and we have had maybe a half a dozen fires in it. So far we both like it and don't regret buying it.

Well I think you are technically within the envelope of a fire pit there John. Just cook her a steak on it and then let her roast marshmallows for dessert. She'll come around...

Regards,

John

Back