It use to be Prime...

I was shopping at my local mom and pop grocery who has a great meat counter and NY strips were $18.99 per pound. Normally $12.99 per pound. We usually grill 2 of them once a week but at close to $40 I can't do it.

It'll be back Jim. Ours has run dry of prime a couple of times. I was in there last week and they had prime briskets at $4.99/lb. They had an apology letter posted at the meat counter for the spike in prices we are all seeing right now. We'll see I guess.

How's the price compared to the Prime you're used to getting?
really don't remember... but i'd guess cheaper than these Choice
Don't feel too bad Jim our Costco doesn't even carry prime or choice. Nada short ribs.
1st time I've seen them there since the start of the year.
It'll be back Jim. Ours has run dry of prime a couple of times. I was in there last week and they had prime briskets at $4.99/lb. They had an apology letter posted at the meat counter for the spike in prices we are all seeing right now. We'll see I guess.
I'm sure they'll return... I am happy to get what i did.

Forgot to mention, when this hording and shortages started we went to Costco for a few items we can't get anyplace else and they had prime briskets so I snatched one and it's nestled in the freezer. Just waiting for these lousy 35-40 mph winds to go away.
Got it for $3.99 Lb. don't think we will see that price for a long time.

The [new] Costco here on the south side of the Metro had the better part of a dozen prime packers today..... at $9.99/lb. A few weeks ago, I picked up an entire beef tenderloin for $12.99/lb. Brisket right now is about 3 times what I had been paying.

I am a but disappointed with Costco. It was a store I trust. But since this @#$% I have been unable to go there. Delivery or pickup is impossible cause they have so little available.
$9.99 a pound whoa

I'd take those any day of the week and twice on Sunday. :D
i was in the area so decided to stop for GASOLINE.... after my fill-up, i decided to try again for these ribs, knowing the last three attempts were fails.
the lot wasn't too crowded so i got the mask on and entered the store without pushing a cart. Only reason i'm there is for beef ribs.
SHOCKED they had them. About 15 to 20 packages.
As i'm sorting thru, i noticed some sign mentioning something about a limit of 3.
Perfect, as i was only planning on buying three.

passing the boneless/skinless chicken thighs, i grabbed a pack.
made my way to checkout where i walked right up to pay.
the guy told me about their THREE MEAT LIMIT
i assumed it was 3 beef, 3 chicken, 3 fish....
he asked which one of the four i want to return.

...and i said.

Back