It is done

SteveEd

TVWBB Member
Waited almost to the last day before a price increase but I went for it and ordered the Summit Kamado this evening. Ordered from Amazon since Weber, yet again, did not have it in stock and I'm sure they won't have any more until after the price increase Friday. At least Amazon offered free indoor delivery.

It was an anguishing decision. A Hasty Bake tugged hard on my heart as well but I just couldn't pass up the dual-walled Kamado and its incredible fuel efficiency and overall simplicity. A double-walled Hasty Bake would cost $3699. I know the other HBs are fine grills but I'd rather the efficiency and durability of the WSK over a comparably priced HB with powder coated steel.

Looking forward to some great cooks and to your wisdom. You helped me immeasurably to make this decision. Of course that means I'll have you to blame if it doesn't work out. :)

Thank you,
SteveE

P.S. I'm already seeing vendor sites with the E6 at $1249. Just like Brett said--$100 more.

Waited almost to the last day before a price increase but I went for it and ordered the Summit Kamado this evening. Ordered from Amazon since Weber, yet again, did not have it in stock and I'm sure they won't have any more until after the price increase Friday. At least Amazon offered free indoor delivery.

It was an anguishing decision. A Hasty Bake tugged hard on my heart as well but I just couldn't pass up the dual-walled Kamado and its incredible fuel efficiency and overall simplicity. A double-walled Hasty Bake would cost $3699. I know the other HBs are fine grills but I'd rather the efficiency and durability of the WSK over a comparably priced HB with powder coated steel.

Looking forward to some great cooks and to your wisdom. You helped me immeasurably to make this decision. Of course that means I'll have you to blame if it doesn't work out. :)

Thank you,
SteveE

P.S. I'm already seeing vendor sites with the E6 at $1249. Just like Brett said--$100 more.
Congrats! Should be the last charcoal burner you ever need (famous last words!) :)

You’ll love it. I’m convinced there’s not a better cooker for the price anywhere in the market

Congrats! I sold my E6 today and bought that Hasty Bake. Just couldn’t wait to separate myself from $3700.

Good decision. You wont regret it.

Prices here in the UK have shot up recently.

RRP for my E6 back in November 2021 was £1049 - I snapped up one for £895 when dealers offered a rare 15% discount.
That's looking like a real bargain now.

The RRP here is now £1249. Dealers offering 10% discount @ £1119 which is $1465

Thank you,
SteveE

Hope you enjoy it. I never did get the kamado bug or see the need for one. If it keeps weber in business making the grills I like though, thank you.

Just picked up a 26 inch kettle for my own weber family, but haven't had time to put it together yet. Best of luck to you, keep the home fires burning.

You're welcome, Brock. :)

I've owned Weber products before (still have my WSM and a Summit gas) and have always been impressed but I've never owned a Kettle. That's not to say that I don't appreciate what the Kettle can do and do well and that's not to say I don't appreciate what the Kettle has meant to charcoal cooking in general.

You're welcome, Brock. :)

I've owned Weber products before (still have my WSM and a Summit gas) and have always been impressed but I've never owned a Kettle. That's not to say that I don't appreciate what the Kettle can do and do well and that's not to say I don't appreciate what the Kettle has meant to charcoal cooking in general.
No worries and you are welcome.

I've always been someone who has advocated "use what grill you enjoy", and have never bought into all the hyped up sales advertising no matter what industry its part of. I just take a very realistic point of view that sometimes upsets some who want to push advertising talking points.

For what it is worth, and in the most sincere terms possible, whether you are using gas, charcoal, or pellets it is good to have you here brother. Same goes for everyone else.

Thank you,
SteveE

Funny enough, it's back to 1150 on Amazon.

Edit: interesting, it's changed yet again, back to 1250. Yesterday it had gone back down. It just keeps see-sawing. I purchased mine on 3/28, received on Monday and cooked on it twice (grilling). Going to smoke 2 butts this weekend, I'm stoked for that. This replaces a Classic silver 22 and a WSM22.

I picked up my WSK yesterday, assembled it and did a burn-in. No cooks yet but will do one tomorrow (Saturday). Lid arrived with several scratches but Weber is sending a new lid. Since they told me to keep the scratched one I continued with the assembly and burn-in. One chimney of Kingsford Pro on the lower grate, all vents wide open, the lid thermometer hit 600 quickly. Dialed it back just to watch the response time--impressively quick. Opened the vents again to let it burn out and 5 hours later was at 370. It took it 7 hours to get to about 220-230. I went to bed.

If you're wondering why "I picked it up" instead of waiting for delivery it's because Amazon only offered April 12 as the earliest delivery date. The pit arrived in my hometown Sunday. I called and asked for an earlier delivery but they said they couldn't do it so I went to their terminal and got it myself.

Edit: I don't think I adequately explained how stoked I am!

Back