Is Thermoworks Feeling the Heat?

Both will give a readout in under a second but the Lightning gives an actual "settled" reading in about 1 to 2 seconds. Honestly I don't know how it could be faster. Physics would say you have to wait for the probe's exterior to transfer heat to the actual sensor. The only way it could be faster is for the exterior of the probe to be the actual sensor itself.
For the quick playing around I did, it was very close to as fast as the Thermapen One, I think if I turned off the decimal point in the reading they would seem even closer.
I’m glad I bought it.
I love when I explain to my wife the deal I got to justify a purchase and she says “you got two right”?
She’s a keeper.

For the quick playing around I did, it was very close to as fast as the Thermapen One, I think if I turned off the decimal point in the reading they would seem even closer.
I’m glad I bought it.
I love when I explain to my wife the deal I got to justify a purchase and she says “you got two right”?
She’s a keeper.
Mine arrived yesterday and how is it working-out for you as of this date? Oh, shipping costs from Miami,FL to Costa Rica and Costa Rica import taxes cost me an extra $23 :mad: So, $35+$23=$58 total cost.

Attachments

• 1D7D7C11-CF08-422D-A5D7-B0481C8AC946.jpeg
    1D7D7C11-CF08-422D-A5D7-B0481C8AC946.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I got mine about two weeks ago. I have a Thermoworks One (TO) which I reeeeeaaaalllly liked. But there are a few things I like better on the Lightning. I like the lit up LED display at night. But the TO actually is better in very sunny conditions as the sunlight will wipe out the red LED on the lightning. I like the rotating readout on the Lightning and I like the magnets that allow me to stick it to the fridge or other appliance so I don't have to search through drawers to find it every time I want to use it. I find the readout just as quick as the TO (Thermoworks One) and I tested them both in a bath of ice water and then in a pan of boiling water. They were both with in a half degree of each other both times. I cannot rate the durability of either yet.

If I had to pick one, it would probably be the Lightning due to the reasons above. Add that to the price being half of the TO, it is a solid #1. But, if you presented one of each and asked me to pick only one, I am not sure which I would pick. If I had to pay for one or the other, it would be the Lightning easily.

Back