Is the forum having issues

Many servers on the Internet went down late yesterday. Perhaps that plays into it. I'm on an F150 forum and it has been painfully slow since last night.

Everybody is home, look at the number of guests this site has, the most I have seen this year.

Chris, FWIW, response has improved dramatically over the last 10-15 minutes. An hour ago, tvwbb.com resolved, but I could not make a connection from here (timeout.)

Is there any chance that you're [indirectly] hosted through AWS?

Chris, FWIW, response has improved dramatically over the last 10-15 minutes. An hour ago, tvwbb.com resolved, but I could not make a connection from here (timeout.)

Is there any chance that you're [indirectly] hosted through AWS?
The support guy says, "It looks like apache is running out of connections". He's tweaked something and things seem to have improved.

I don't use AWS directly, and I don't know if my hosting service uses AWS.

The support guy says, "It looks like apache is running out of connections". He's tweaked something and things seem to have improved.

Interesting..... that's a pretty good indication of how much traffic you're getting. I've usually seen either CPU or memory get overrun before connections run out. Must be an Apache parameter I'm not familiar with. Ah, there it is..... wonder if that's a side effect of modern client side JavaScript processing?

"The cpu usage doesn't appear to have been too high today, and the memory does not appear to be too low, so I have tried raising the MaxRequestWorkers setting slightly, from 100 to 125. This appears to be helping."

"The cpu usage doesn't appear to have been too high today, and the memory does not appear to be too low, so I have tried raising the MaxRequestWorkers setting slightly, from 100 to 125. This appears to be helping."
Looks like you got the right support guy today. Good performance analysis, with an appropriate solution.

Yep. I need to figure out how to avoid the same problem next year.
It'd be nice if the parameter was something under your control, but I'm pretty sure it's not now, wasn't, and probably won't be. Changes in this parameter will have significant impact on the rest of the host resources during periods of high load.

I'd be interested in knowing if you work something out with your hosting provider to address this.

Back