Instant Pot - Chile Colorado w/Pork

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
I tried a new recipe for Chile Colorado, and it turned out great. No Webers in this cook, so I'll keep it short..... subbed cubed pork butt for the beef, and I didn't have a jalapeno, so subbed a chipotple in adobo that I had on hand. I'd reserve 1/3 of the salt in the recipe to add if you need/want it. SO GOOD!!!!

40332459364_31c25e0269_k.jpg

R

I have never tried chili Colorado before, but now I want to.

Do it - you won't regret it! I've made several variations, on Rich's recommendation.

It's hit/miss (60% miss) at the restaurants I've frequented, but it's been 100% hit w/ Rich's recipe.

I'll have to follow your lead again Rich & try the cube steak.

I'll have to follow your lead again Rich & try the cube steak.

Clint, just want to make sure you noted that I linked to a different recipe this time....pretty similar, though, and worth comparing to the other one for preference.... :)

R

thx! I didn't notice. You know I'll be trying this too :)

I also didn't notice you used pork, but I was thinking pork would be good with it. I'm thinking about work, other hobbies, just got back from a hike, drinking beer, and well :)

Last edited:
thx! I didn't notice. You know I'll be trying this too :)

I also didn't notice you used pork, but I was thinking pork would be good with it. I'm thinking about work, other hobbies, just got back from a hike, drinking beer, and well :)

Heh! Yeah, been there. FWIW, I used pork because I had just broken down a couple butts into 5lb "sausage ready packages" (chunked for the grinder, and frozen), and that's what I had left over. Not sorry, though!

Back