Instant Brands: Chapter 11 bankruptcy

I do see one rather significant advantage to Presto pressure cookers & canners: I can get replacement seals and other consumables right here at the local hardware out in the middle of nowhere. A few years ago, my g/f managed to lose the little overpressure safety seal and thought for sure that it wasn't replaceable. I was back in less than 30 minutes.

The timers on the electric cookers would definitely seem to be an advantage. OTOH..... not sure I'd want to leave a pressure cooker unattended. But that's me.
My wife would put everything into the slow cooker and go to work. We would come home to dinner being done. Not much different. Replacement parts for the IP are also readily available.

I really like my instant pot.
That chicken bone broth cook sounds solid Joe.
Gonna have to try that.
We do seafood and game more than most so I’m gonna learn me some canning.

I really like my instant pot.
That chicken bone broth cook sounds solid Joe.
Gonna have to try that.
We do seafood and game more than most so I’m gonna learn me some canning.
It is great and really easy. Bones and veggie scraps saved in freezer, put in water to top line with an onion, garlic, salt, and a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 2 hours on high pressure, natural release, strain, and either can, freeze or make vegetable or chicken soup. My freezer was overflowing with the stuff so I bought the Presto pressure canner and some mason jars. I tried canning my soups but the veggies come out too mushy from the canning, so we do freeze the soup.

I find I don't have to baby sit the Fagor. Once it settles into it's slow "hiss" I just set a timer

Insta pot is like Trager. They made something that intimidated people easy.
They saturated the market and then the copy cats came out.

This makes me sad. Both that they are going through bankruptcy but also that possibly the quality has gone down over the years to contribute to it. I absolutely love my Instapot. We have the 8 qt and if I only used it to make pinto beans in an hour and half and perfectly steamed, sticky white rice, it would be worth every penny. But, add in being able to load up all the ingredients for a chicken noodle soup and in an hour have awesome soup.... Tortilla soup as well.... Sometimes we just use the saute feature as a stock pot just as an extra burner when the rangetop is full already like around the holidays. I can't say enough good things about my Instapot. I hope they get their **** together.

The instant pot is good for cooking dried beans. We use ours frequently because of this.

But that appliance was somewhat of a “one hit wonder”.

We have had our Instant Pot for years and still use it very regularly, but recently I have been using it as a DEEP FRYER! All the online searches says you can't, but I think they are all referring to using it with the pressure lid (which I do NOT use for this). I just use the glass lid (same as when using as a slow cooker).

My model has a "Custom" setting for the Saute mode, so I set it for 375 degrees or something (it heats oil to about 340 consistently when I set it here), pour in the oil, and off we go...it actually works very well. I only use about 3-4 inches of oil max and very pleased to get another use out of it.

I have three Instant products of which I love two, and have yet to open one. My pressure cooker and air fryer are both made by Instant. They are workhorses in my kitchen and I use them a lot, especially the IP pressure cooker in the Fall and Winter and air fryer year-round.
My unopened Instant product is a slow cooker that includes a sous vide function. I don’t sous vide a whole lot and I already have the stick immersion circulator and container. I bought the Instant one a couple years ago on Prime day because the price was great and sous vide function intrigued me (but not enough for me to open and test it!) I will test it later this summer and report on it.

We originally looked at buying the Fagor IP, but ended up with the Zavor lux lcd multi-cooker. Glad we did. Used all the time with great success.

Love our IP, we use it for so many things. I can't count how many different meals we've made with it. Great kitchen tool.

We have 2 IP's (a 6 qt Duo Plus, and an 8 qt Duo). The 8 qt is our designated yogurt maker and the 6 qt gets used for everything else.

Also have the IP Air Fryer and love it. Hopefully that company will get it's act together soon..

Back