In need of a Summit gas grill valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-L

Closed Account
Note from Moderator: Original thread title and message were deleted by the OP as he left the forum. It appears he was looking for a replacement valve for a Summit gas grill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picture of the valve? The “gurus” here have found that Weber has used different valves among like grill models. Be prepared to hear the stark realities of tackling such a project. I just finished restoring the exact same grill.

Last edited:
One of these, I’ll get a good pic when I’m back at the shop

Attachments

• 8DDA65A0-82F3-4709-8496-F5115D930746.jpeg
    8DDA65A0-82F3-4709-8496-F5115D930746.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 28
Good luck. There are 2 or 3 different valves for that grill, take VERY careful stock of it BEFORE you spend any more time or $$$$ than you have sunk. The flavo bars are gonna set you back $250+ (if you can even find them), if the fire box is burned through unless you know someone who can do fabrication you're again DOA because Weber is not making parts for them. Not wanting to come off as a downer. I get it. Any of us would LOVE a Summit if they were viable. Sadly they're not. Weber themselves has dumped that unit like a hot potato as well. You may find it better to cut your losses and go with a better, more viable grill ie a Genesis.

I have not seen those valves anywhere for sale, so you are likely needing to find a donor grill, or possibly a member here who has one in their stash. Since you mention "two full tanks", I assume this is an LP grill?

FWIW, I LOVE my Summit Platinum! Larry's cautionary tale about cost of replacements (if you can find them), or the propensity for the front of the fire box to disintegrate are very accurate. I was lucky, mine's in good shape.

1650895393272.jpeg

Thanks guys, I’m missing one valve. My cookbox is good with a couple rust areas, I’m going to replace them with stainless now rather then later. I’m doing a few mods to improve this baby as I go. Mega bucks flavorizer bars are none of my concern…

Why are the expensive flavorizer bars not a concern?

If you figure out a suitable Stainless replacement for the cook box panels, please share that with the list.

I was fortunate, I had the means to repair my cookbox, received a new lid and thermometer from Weber, and a lot of elbow grease later I have a pretty nice grill. I see your flavorizer bars without the east-west piece that covers the crossover tubes.

Attachments

• 75819311-17C2-4C41-9CD2-8C7A6EB7A5A9.jpeg
    75819311-17C2-4C41-9CD2-8C7A6EB7A5A9.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 13
Because I won’t need the center bar when I’m done.
I’m replacing the panels with stainless, it’s good to have access to a brake😜
Why are the expensive flavorizer bars not a concern?

If you figure out a suitable Stainless replacement for the cook box panels, please share that with the list.

I think I found a valve, they look to be the same as the ones on a valux grill in our scrap pile. It’s kind of like a Weber

vieluxe is a Weber and I can see that they would have some interchangeable parts to the Summit line.

Because I won’t need the center bar when I’m done.
I’m replacing the panels with stainless, it’s good to have access to a brake😜
I refitted mine with 18 ga.stainless panels.

Attachments

• C07249CC-1D54-4640-83FB-A17BC016CDE4.jpeg
    C07249CC-1D54-4640-83FB-A17BC016CDE4.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back