Im probably too late...but big discounts at Home Depot!!!

Timothy, what do you have against HD?

BTW: it looks like I could pick up some more down in Madison, but between what I have now and the stuff I stocked up on off amazon when they had scorcher deals, I am pretty well set for rehabbing all next summer. Besides, the weather is getting pretty crappy out there.

A thanks to Jim V for posting this up. I love to see everyone helping out the next guy. I didn't see the great deals this year on Weber accessories in the late fall from stores like Target that they usually have.

I just realized that these GBS grates are for the Spirit E300 with front mounted controls. For some reason, I thought it was for the earlier Spirits with side controls. I guess I have to find a Spirit E3xx with front controls to rehab now. LOL.

Bruce,
Those grates should be interchangeable. Same size firebox. They will also work on a SmokeFire EX-4 and cover 2/3 of an EX-6.

Bruce,
Those grates should be interchangeable. Same size firebox. They will also work on a SmokeFire EX-4 and cover 2/3 of an EX-6.
Are the 3 burner front control spirit E3xx fireboxes the same as the old Silver B/1000 grills.

That is my understanding. Just switched where the burner entry holes are. Similar to when they did that on the 300 series grills, going from the "sidewinder" to the front control models. They made that switch, in part I think, to make these grills look more "contemporary" like the newer 300 series. I wish they would have kept using the old Silver B design, but I guess to most people it is out of date:(.

I wonder why the box and online descriptions don't clearly indicate that these can be used on the older grills. I would think they would sell a lot more of them.

Bruce see in the pic I enclosed......these are the grates we are picking up on an older silver that I am ready to rehab

Attachments

• 20210129_213211.jpg
    20210129_213211.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 11
Thanks Jim. I believe they would fit a Silver B or 1000. I just don't understand why Weber doesn't do a better job of marketing them for use on the older grills. It opens up an entirely new and large market for them.

I wonder how many people actually buy and use these on their gas grills. I just don't see much demand for them on a gas grill. On a kettle, they would allow easy access to adding or stirring coals. But, how many people actually buy all the GBS accessories for a Spirit gas grill?

Last edited:
Ya I was reading the box and thought the same thing......they missed the boat there. The snow has me hunkered down and not flyin around to Home Depots lookin for more......

Thanks Jim. I believe they would fit a Silver B or 1000. I just don't understand why Weber doesn't do a better job of marketing them for use on the older grills. It opens up an entirely new and large market for them.

I wonder how many people actually buy and use these on their gas grills. I just don't see much demand for them on a gas grill. On a kettle, they would allow easy access to adding or stirring coals. But, how many people actually buy all the GBS accessories for a Spirit gas grill?

I think the GBS thing does have some gimmicky aspects to it. But, I am a sucker for gimmicks!

They sell - or at least previously sold - a version of that grate for the 300 series, too. The thing that got me about that is their choice to put the GBS circle in the MIDDLE. The newer 300 series included models with the popular 4th "sear" burner, as does the Genesis II now. Seemed so clear to me that the circle should be centered over THAT - a perfect place for the diamond sear grate or griddle - and even on lower heat more balanced for other GBS attachments. I thought, "Oh well, Weber just doesn't get it." Then when I went to Germany in October 2019 I saw this at the Weber store there:

IMG_2640.jpeg

Why do our European friends get all the COOL stuff?!!!:unsure:

Pretty good stock left. Clearly, there are not a lot of people out looking for grill parts this time of year.

For that price I might see if there are any here in Florida while I am down and figure out a way to get them to me later such as someone driving up this summer.

You could probably get some of the tubes back pretty easily. They weigh very little. A little long though. I would be careful on the GBS grates though. While they are kind of cool and an awesome great price, I don't think they would be a big hit on flip grills. You might find some interest, but I think in general, most would opt for the standard style grates.

My cart at Home Depot this morning. Ice melt and burners. A collision of seasons.

Attachments

• F906B28D-84A5-4458-A047-EA6EE2817D02.jpeg
    F906B28D-84A5-4458-A047-EA6EE2817D02.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 14
Neither was even a stock item at my old Home Depot here in Florida. There is a larger one I may try to check.

Great to see u guys still finding them here and there.....best to just call first but good luck!!!!

Back