I'll pass on a recipe if it calls for (blank)!! *****

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
If it has Sandra Lee or Rachael Ray's name associated with it ...
icon_rolleyes.gif
there are a few others too ..... LOL

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen!

I can eat basically everything.

Except here in Iceland we have a type of meat mince that has been chopped so fine with other stuff its really a paste. I dont eat that!

And Waldorf salad. Anything that has whipped cream, fruit, nuts and chocolate shavings is a dessert, not a salad.

You guys are funny. I'm surprised how many people don't like cilantro. It's great with Chinese and Mexican food -- like parsely with a lemony zing. Brussel sprouts? Maybe you had them over-cooked, in which case they get like stinky over-cooked cabbage.
I try to avoid clove; it has a strong flavor - a little goes a long way. But hey, I've eaten sea cucumber (slug) and durian (in Singapore). Whew, that stuff is heady, and you reek like it for the next 24 hours!

I cant think of anything other then my wifes fruit salad that she puts some kind of yogurt in, what a minute. Thats it, I hate yogurt. lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I can eat basically everything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hakarl?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j biesinger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I can eat basically everything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hakarl? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Okay, I know what I would pass on now; hakarl!
icon_eek.gif

I won't actually PASS on a recipe if it has my "nemesis ingredients" but, instead, I'll try a workaround.

The only thing I absolutely loathe and despise and will NOT include in my recipes is any convenience product, especially those riddled with artificial ingredients.

Any dessert with nuts. The only possible exception is if it includes Snickers pieces. But walnuts are absolutely out of the question. A fine way to ruin a good dessert!
icon_biggrin.gif

I'll eat peanuts, cashews, pistachios and almonds until I'm full, but keep them off my sweets.

Another vote for cilantro. Too bright & sharp of a flavor for me. Bitter would be another word I'd use.
Oh and I despise anything with olives. Can't stand those things.

I'll second the yogurt and olives. Is there an olive yogurt? Must be some seriously nasty stuff.

Tofu. Or if the recipe has the word "vegetarian" in it. I don't mind meatless dishes, but I don't like vegetarian interpretations of classic meat dishes.

I won't pass on a recipe i might skip an ingrediant.i realized i don't like dried thyme. maybe i am buying to low grade quality but it has ruined a couple steaks and chickens.Yuck!
Leif

" I quit smoking cigarettes and started smoking food."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike F.:
Cilantro--taste like weeds to me JMHO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Humm, the weed I have( had) don't taste like Cilantro to me!
icon_biggrin.gif
puff, puff pass
icon_biggrin.gif

Tofu or a recipe with a gazillion spices or ingredients. I enjoy watching Throwdown but wow some of Flay's things look complicated.

I love cilantro.

Back