If you had $100 to spend at the meat market, what would you buy?

Wagyu brisket, but you half to put more skin in the game thou. Or, buy a bunch of cuts you normally would buy and try some new stuff.

I realized this is skirting around the answer, but I'd treat myself to a nice expensive meat that I wouldn't normally consider.

Since the 7 pound brisket at my local store cost almost 50 dollars I'd say I'd buy one brisket around 14 or 15 pounds if it was there

Yeah, rib roast would be a very good choice. I would also give a little thought to maybe a full beef loin. It would be very tricky to cook it though. I'd take it as a challenge.

Russ

A whole boneless ribeye, not aged should pretty much take care of the C-note. Slicing one of these into steaks the thickness that you and
your family like is much better than buying packaged steaks. Cook the trimmings for a very happy dog.

I'm going to differ a bit from the general tone, here. Assuming I had freezer space, I would wait until my favorite "all around" cuts of meat were on sale and LOAD UP. I'm thinking Bone in Boston Butt, Ribs, and in one case, I would probably consider, Wild Salmon. The general idea is to enjoy the gift for the longest time and think kind thoughts of how you came by that:wsm:. You take a high end cut of meat, and one day after you eat it it's GONE. Whereas, a freezer full of "good stuff" can last for a while all of the time putting a smile on your face. (I do NOT want to hear, that pulled pork, or ribs, etc. is inferior in any way to the best cut of beef available to us - after all, I am a "PIG PERSON"...:rolleyes: On the other hand, I would allow a chuck roast (or three) as a part of the order as Pepper Stout Beef is nothing to put down - that is seriously good stuff!

Seriously, consider something that you'll enjoy for a while instead of a quick bit of satisfaction, then....NOTHING!

But..., that's just me!:rolleyes:

Keep on smokin',
Dale53

Either a Waygu brisket or a couple of 2-1/2" thick dry-aged prime porterhouse steaks and thick-cut bacon.

Back