If I Was Going to Buy New

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Well I have to say. If I was to be in the market for a new grill I just stumbled on to these and what's cool is they compare them to Weber right on the product sticker! I have to say, I looked these things over and they're darn well built IMO. Plus they have the Member's Mark satisfaction guarantee. Basically don't like it? Take it back and get a refund or a new one. They address everything I saw posted here about why the products were not good. 304 SS internals, cast aluminum firebox and lids (and it's about 50% thicker than the Weber too). Honestly I am sure there may be a couple cost cutting here and there but head to head it's every bit as good or better than the W brand.
Don't hate on me though. LOL. I will still not give up my old standard Genesis though.
https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-...luminum-gas-grill/prod25200213?xid=_shelf_1_1
They also had a very cool looking 5 burner griddle with some nice features as well

Attachments

• 20210225_152028.jpg
    20210225_152028.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210225_152326.jpg
    20210225_152326.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 62
A quick Google search produced this:

Members Mark Grills are one such needle. They are both made and exported by Grand Hall Manufacturing of Taiwan. Grand Hall Manufacturing is one of, if not the best Chinese exporter and manufacturer of gas grills.

Fortunately, I'm not in the market for a new grill. My two Genesis 2s are only 33 and 34 years young. They'll go another 30. Somebody is going to have to pry them from my cold dead hands!

Gerry

Same here, BUT, I have to say if that MM grill had a rotisserie burner and all the same features it's showing now.....................................I would sure be tempted LOL

Yah, I would have to say that MM grill is a serious contender with the Genesis II #4xx grills. It actually beats them with the 5th burner and overall BTU. 304 vs 400 stainless. The biggest weak point on the Genesis II that they didn't address is the cabinet. I would not be surprised that the cabinets on those things are looking like crap in 7 or 8 years. But, then at $600, it isn't going to be a perfect grill.

I have one, bought it about 4 years ago. It's built well, works and lights up every time.
Have one what? It can't be this grill because they just brought it out this year. At $600 it can be forgiven. I can tell you the cart/base is made as well or better than the big name one and at half the price..........................well even if it wasn't it can be forgiven. But heck a little extra care and I'm sure it'll be fine

Have one what? It can't be this grill because they just brought it out this year. At $600 it can be forgiven. I can tell you the cart/base is made as well or better than the big name one and at half the price..........................well even if it wasn't it can be forgiven. But heck a little extra care and I'm sure it'll be fine
I thought you meant MM grills in general, so I have this one.

I have to say, Larry, that this Sam's Club grill does seem to hit a lot of things right. I hope there will be one at my Sam's to check out in person. On the Costco side, their Signateur model had a lot to like with all 304 stainless body and the coolest FLAT stainless bar grates I have seen. Not so sure about the firebox where decent, think cast aluminum strikes me as still being better than even high grade stainless. The biggest problem with the Costco grill was their decision to go with an enormous solid shield between the burners and the grates. A little bit like the Holland Grill. Many complaints about it not getting hot enough to put those wonderful grates to the test.

I am impressed that this grill uses 304 stainless in a lot of places where Weber has skimped with 430. I hope to see one up close soon.

I thought you meant MM grills in general, so I have this one.
No, as that one is now discontinued in favor of these upgraded ones they're now showing. Jon, I have yet to see one of the Costco products. It seems they're either featuring Weber or the Traeger Pellet grills. At least in my far Northern IL location. Re the complaints it did not get "hot enough" I'm not sure when this weird fascination began with people wanting their grills to go from 0 to OMG incineration hot in nothing flat and the fascination with "cooking?" like that. Just last night I made filet mignon prime steaks. I got a very nice "crust" on my Genesis without going to nuclear fission mode. I had a beautiful outside crust, perfectly reddish pink internal. With no burnt taste. I think that Costco would serve someone like me well.

Last edited:
WOW, I knew it was cold but, the temperature in Hades has certainly gone below 32 degrees!
Larry, are you on new meds? Or have you been possessed?
Just poking at you😉.
I suppose it’s not a bad unit but, I’m not looking for any more grills! I need to have some cabinets built in my living room to house my wife’s treasures. After I get the plants and lawn stuff out of the garage for spring and I clean that (miserable confluence of crap) out, I will do a serious re designing of the grill/ equipment storage area. Right now, it’s way too “all over” the place!

The wife and I took the monthly trip to Sam's as normal today. I had totally forgotten about
this thread and this grill, until I stumble into the main aisle and see the whole lineup
of MM grills and griddles that were displayed.
Front and center was this stainless beauty, and immediately I remembered this thread.
The lid was open, and those beautiful, heavy duty grates caught my eye. I grabbed one
section, lifted it, looked close, embraced the weight and was very impressed.
I look below and saw very nice stainless flavorizers, burners and even heat deflectors.
Immediately, I looked up and saw that cheap a$$ price. My heart started racing, but
also falling wondering how I would sell my used Weber's at close to the same price
the grill is brand new.
At this point, I felt the fire box. It was indeed cast aluminum, and not being a dork that
carries a micrometer, I will simply guess it to be Weber quality. There is nothing in that
firebox that is not. Starting to question how I will be able to sell used Weber's any longer,
and life in general, totally dejected, I closed the lid.
Hmmm. Something was just not as it should be. I opened, and closed it again. That didn't
feel like closing a Weber lid. Hard to explain, but it was just not quite the same.
I then started looking closer at the rest of the grill. I opened the cabinet, and quickly closed it
in hopes that it would not start rusting while the doors were open. The doors took a bit
of force to close properly, which could be poor manufacturing, or cheap help that
assembled it.
Feeling a little better about my Weber stable at this point, I start taking a closer look at the
exterior. Low grade stainless or stainless steel looking metal in many places, and powder
coated cheap metal in many others. Ok, that $599 price tag starts to make sense now.

This may be the nicest, and closest attempt to a Weber rip off that I have seen.
It may cook every bit as good as a Weber, but someone else will have to buy one
test it out, and let us know.
The firebox and internals seem to be very good and especially at this price point.
The lid, eh, I would like to take another look before I pass judgement.
Shelves, side burner, sides, cart, are typical box store crap. This is definitely a grill
that will need to spend idle time indoors. No cover will spare it from inevitable
rust graveyard if it is left out in the elements.

The wife and I took the monthly trip to Sam's as normal today. I had totally forgotten about
this thread and this grill, until I stumble into the main aisle and see the whole lineup
of MM grills and griddles that were displayed.
Front and center was this stainless beauty, and immediately I remembered this thread.
The lid was open, and those beautiful, heavy duty grates caught my eye. I grabbed one
section, lifted it, looked close, embraced the weight and was very impressed.
I look below and saw very nice stainless flavorizers, burners and even heat deflectors.
Immediately, I looked up and saw that cheap a$$ price. My heart started racing, but
also falling wondering how I would sell my used Weber's at close to the same price
the grill is brand new.
At this point, I felt the fire box. It was indeed cast aluminum, and not being a dork that
carries a micrometer, I will simply guess it to be Weber quality. There is nothing in that
firebox that is not. Starting to question how I will be able to sell used Weber's any longer,
and life in general, totally dejected, I closed the lid.
Hmmm. Something was just not as it should be. I opened, and closed it again. That didn't
feel like closing a Weber lid. Hard to explain, but it was just not quite the same.
I then started looking closer at the rest of the grill. I opened the cabinet, and quickly closed it
in hopes that it would not start rusting while the doors were open. The doors took a bit
of force to close properly, which could be poor manufacturing, or cheap help that
assembled it.
Feeling a little better about my Weber stable at this point, I start taking a closer look at the
exterior. Low grade stainless or stainless steel looking metal in many places, and powder
coated cheap metal in many others. Ok, that $599 price tag starts to make sense now.

This may be the nicest, and closest attempt to a Weber rip off that I have seen.
It may cook every bit as good as a Weber, but someone else will have to buy one
test it out, and let us know.
The firebox and internals seem to be very good and especially at this price point.
The lid, eh, I would like to take another look before I pass judgement.
Shelves, side burner, sides, cart, are typical box store crap. This is definitely a grill
that will need to spend idle time indoors. No cover will spare it from inevitable
rust graveyard if it is left out in the elements.
I wish I was a Sam's club member (but just Costco) so I could check it out. I like enclosed carts with doors to keep the pets out and just think they are more classy, but remember Weber's enclosed carts have not stood the test of time either. They are definitely where they save some $$ in manufacturing.

I loved the read. I am just waiting for that grill that really puts the under $1000 grill market on notice. I know it will happen where a company puts out a grill like the MM grill above but puts another couple hundred dollars into it and makes the rest of it bullet proof as well.

I loved the read. I am just waiting for that grill that really puts the under $1000 grill market on notice. I know it will happen where a company puts out a grill like the MM grill above but puts another couple hundred dollars into it and makes the rest of it bullet proof as well.
Bruce - You are much more of an optimist than I.

I am afraid the price point of a bullet proof grill is well over the $1K mark. I would say the closest thing would be buying a new Broilmaster of the original homely design. Won't win you many envious glances, but you can get a 304 stainless cart underneath that all thick cast aluminum hood and firebox. Thick 304 stainless "waterfall grates", too. The "bow-tie" burner is 430 stainless and probably the most like item to need replacement. But even it is of decent quality and will last for a reasonable amount of time. $1,389 on BBQGuys.com

I loved the read. I am just waiting for that grill that really puts the under $1000 grill market on notice. I know it will happen where a company puts out a grill like the MM grill above but puts another couple hundred dollars into it and makes the rest of it...
Won't happen unless some upstart newcomer throws a wrench into the works.

Gerry

I am afraid the price point of a bullet proof grill is well over the $1K mark. I would say the closest thing would be buying a new Broilmaster of the original homely design. Won't win you many envious glances, but you can get a 304 stainless cart underneath that all thick cast aluminum hood and firebox. Thick 304 stainless "waterfall grates", too. The "bow-tie" burner is 430 stainless and probably the most like item to need replacement. But even it is of decent quality and will last for a reasonable amount of time. $1,389 on BBQGuys.com

Nice, but for that price I would want at least a couple of side tables😊

Yah, I suppose these companies all know that they need to build some planned absolescence into every grill or they won't have people buying new every few years.

Back